Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SerbiaSi

Question Hondata + I/H/E = ?

Question for all the guys with Hondata + I/H/E: should I get Hondata if I alredy have I/H/E? I know that the flash does not respond well with bolt-ons on dyno charts but what is the actual user opinion: Does it make any difference other than 7700 redline? Is it worth $600? Thanks in advance...

we need people to start writing more reviews. Would hondata be considered an electric controller?

CMON PEOPLE LETS GET SOME REVIEWS! :)

SerbiaSi
    Originally posted by rick77f
    on my car it seems to make a difference. The throttle response is better with it. My gas mileage went up a bit too. I posted a review a while back somewhere around here. Pull a search and some reviews should come up. If you can't find what you are looking for PM me and I'll answer what I can.
    I am particularly interested in your opinion rick77f because we have the same set-up. I am ephatch.com addict so I think I read pretty much all reviews out there in connection with this topic. I am interested in honest bottom line opinion. My suspension upgrade is completed (other than shocks), brake and wheel upgrade is in the mail, basic bolt-ons are in other than ICEBOX... last thing left is Hondata. So should I pay $600 for higher redline or there is something else to it that can't be necessarily seen on dyno charts...

Originally posted by SerbiaSi

I am particularly interested in your opinion rick77f because we have the same set-up. I am ephatch.com addict so I think I read pretty much all reviews out there in connection with this topic. I am interested in honest bottom line opinion. My suspension upgrade is completed (other than shocks), brake and wheel upgrade is in the mail, basic bolt-ons are in other than ICEBOX... last thing left is Hondata. So should I pay $600 for higher redline or there is something else to it that can't be necessarily seen on dyno charts...
    You and me both...im debating on hondata or another form of tuning as my suspension and bolt-ons will be done within the month. Im on ephatch 8 hrs a day (all day at work) and have read everything on hondata but am still up in the air. If you could give a bottom line opinon rick77f or anyone else with this flash, it would be very appreciated. Thanks.
    Phil

i am also on ephatch 8 hrs a day and i am still not sure whether hondata is worth it for those of use with the ihe mods. maybe if we were stock and didnt want bolt-ons i'd see that it is worth it. is there a new flash? and this new flash, where are the dynos?

someone with hondata should get a JDM intake manifold. The plenum is significantly larger and breathes much better than our 'type s' manifold. I'm positive that the manifold's extra breathing would help keep our car from wheezing at 7700. more air = 1/3 of what it takes for hp. price of manifold is about 2/5ths of what it cost for hondata. not quite half as much. 260, and maybe a little shipping. I will eventually do this unless skunk2 designs a better manifold.
    Last edited by !@#$%; 06-16-2003 at 05:24 PM.

ephatch member
    the JDM ITR manifold cause you to loose power till i think about 8k rpms it only makes hp after that point and around 8600
    i read it some where cause i was thinkin bout buying one
    even with hondata you couldnt rev that high

In my opinion the hondata was totally worth it. As soon as I drove it down the street I knew it was worth it. It made the car feel so much more responsive including giving me better gas milage. And of course it's nice to bring it up to 8k sometimes:)Right now I have the borla header and exhaust and my icebox will be here thur. Looking foward to getting it dynoed after the intake gets put in.

So to sum it up.....yes get the hondata!!!!

ephatch member
    so hondata fixed the i/h/e glitch where it didnt make power
    vs jus the hondata with the cai?

im gonna wait for some ECU so i can plug my comp into like AEMs
    or buddy clubs or Mugen?
    :D

its a all in one updatable way! :D

I talked to a hondata rep. awhile back and was told it improved drivability, that hp couldnt be measured by overall daily driving. So I understand that most people like it for the simple fact that throttle response, smoother accler. and longer gears makes for easy drive conditions, plus a high rpm is always a plus. I think do to the nature of bolt-ons with the K-series that its hard to get a percise tune, therefore hp and trq may fall off. Too, the people with hondata decide to boost it would be easy for them to send it in for a reflash. I know in the new Honda Tuning Jackson Racing recommended bolt-ons and hondata to run there s/c effeciently.
    I plan on getting one sometime, might have to wait for x-mas.
    Thats my 2 cents about it, take it how you want. :)

ephatch member
    so from what people say... hondata with ihe doesnt improve that much horse. will they tune it even more to make hondata get more hp with ihe? or this is it?

Rick, yer car was puttin out 160whp with the flash?! Dont our cars usually put out about 140whp with I/H/E only?

how could it put out 140whp with i/h/e??? our cars put out ~135whp -ish stock.

would hondata be worth getting with the absense of a header? should people with just cai and midpipe get this?

Yeah, lookin back you are right, but as far as I know NO ONE was even comin close to 160whp with just I/H/E, correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information