Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by kenis138
    Yeah, lookin back you are right, but as far as I know NO ONE was even comin close to 160whp with just I/H/E, correct me if I'm wrong.
    With the A3 engine and I/H/E, people have hit 150hp on the Dynojet. To my knowledge, nobody has hit 160hp or more on a Dynojet dyno even with the addition of Hondata, TB overbore, Hondata intake gasket, and grounding cables. The people that have hit 160+ horsepower natually aspirated did so on a Dynapack dyno which will give higher results (approximately 5-10hp more).

I'm still considering purchasing this upgrade for my car too. The fact that everyone who has purchased this has given it a good review, even the sceptics, makes me fell more confident in purchasing this product. There is a group buy for the Hondata reflash on Group Buy Center, but the catch is that the discounted price does not include shipping. So you're basically saving about $10. But considering that it sounds like $595 is a price fixed by Hondata to their distributors, then I guess it's better than nothing.

I'm just wondering whatever happened to the idea of a group buy that was presented to us by Doug from Hondata. If I recall correctly, he said that once the timing glitch on the top end was figured out (fixed months ago) that he'd set up a deal for us EPHatch people. Anyone have any contact with him to find out what happened to the group buy?

Whit I/H/E and hondata!!

How mucht on 1/4 mille ??????????????

:p

i got hondata flash and gasket with the AEM CAI, my car feels much better and i think i'll be able to hit low 15's with it. i'll post times after the 12th.

i say hondata is worth 800!

Nice
    we all wait to see a 1/4 sheat and mod description.

Originally posted by Quicksilver

With the A3 engine and I/H/E, people have hit 150hp on the Dynojet. To my knowledge, nobody has hit 160hp or more on a Dynojet dyno even with the addition of Hondata, TB overbore, Hondata intake gasket, and grounding cables. The people that have hit 160+ horsepower natually aspirated did so on a Dynapack dyno which will give higher results (approximately 5-10hp more).
    so was this guy using dynapack?
    he got 165, joshua that is http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....5&pagenumber=1

If i can find somewhere cheap in the NJ area I'll dyno mine.
    Current setup:

Hondata
    DC Header
    DC DAC intake
    2.25" midpipe
    Stock muffler

I just added the DC header yesterday and must say that I did not notice any improvement judging by seat-of-the-pants, but I'm going to the strip today so we'll see. I was surprised because most people ive talked to about the header said that it made the biggest difference of all their mods so far, maybe that's not so if you already have Hondata? I dunno... We'll see!

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

so was this guy using dynapack?
    he got 165, joshua that is http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....5&pagenumber=1
    Yep. Shawn Church Automotive uses a Dynapack dyno. That's the place Hondata goes for their testing.

Originally posted by Quicksilver

Yep. Shawn Church Automotive uses a Dynapack dyno. That's the place Hondata goes for their testing.
    well damn, that's pretty disappointing :( I was hoping they would go for something a little more accurate.

I think im going to wait on the Hondata for right now until I get my Rsx type S head. Id rather wait to pay for the reflash then, then pay for it now and then again later.

Uh....can someone loan me like 3300 for the head?:D :angel:

Originally posted by NemesisITR
    I think im going to wait on the Hondata for right now until I get my Rsx type S head. Id rather wait to pay for the reflash then, then pay for it now and then again later.

Uh....can someone loan me like 3300 for the head?:D :angel:
    damn man, that's some expensive head :D you need to go to Korea!

well its 3300 for the whole head assembly from Acura. It sucks...but I really dont want to go to a junkyard and try to find a wrecked type s and have faith in the head. :D

ephatch member
    i can get a whole integra (rsx) type-r K20A 220hp complete swap for 5500usd and the whole front clip for 6350 at http://www.flashoptions.com/default.asp

I dont know about those guys.....since they say the R redlines at 7900 rpm but has max horsepower at 8000?

The price sounds too good to be true to me. With the head swap and head work im going to have done it will end up costing me about the same except I will have a 8600 redline. Plus I will have just as much horsepower or even a little bit more (5-10hp)

Plus my head will be new and the bottom end will be mine so I no what has been done to it.

SiCk_SiR

I think its worth it

have you seen the dyno's for the rsx and si from jackson racing a lot of you may already know that jackson racing has two sc kits for the rsx and the si, the street version which is just the supercharger which gives it 211.6 and the si gets 178.6 but the race version which adds new injectors and a hondata tuned ecu the gains go up to 245.6 for the rsx and 206.0 for the si this is why i think its worth it. also try checking out clubrsx a lot of owners there have hodata on their car and have recomended it. in case your wondering the race version sc from jackson is not CARB legal:'( .

Re: I think its worth it

Originally posted by SiCk_SiR
    have you seen the dyno's for the rsx and si from jackson racing a lot of you may already know that jackson racing has two sc kits for the rsx and the si, the street version which is just the supercharger which gives it 211.6 and the si gets 178.6 but the race version which adds new injectors and a hondata tuned ecu the gains go up to 245.6 for the rsx and 206.0 for the si this is why i think its worth it. also try checking out clubrsx a lot of owners there have hodata on their car and have recomended it. in case your wondering the race version sc from jackson is not CARB legal:'( .
    K, heres my plan, buy Hondata tonight, buy Mugen suspension next month and then in the far away distant future get a Jackson SC. mmm, droool.

My question/comment/idea is .... buy the street CARB legal version ... have my hondata reflashed from the current flash to the JRSC Race version for $50, research the injectors, and install the injectors, and blammo ... race SC with CARB numbers.... am I on crack? is this possible?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information