Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Nice picture of the MiniS there craig...I would be doing the same thing as you...BUT i can only afford 1 car :(

I just got back from a dyno day out at Jackson Racing and got to talk to them about the cars they ran at this C&D event. Apparently the EP had an Accord block and an RSX-S head, and had massive traction problems. These times were not run on a normal strip, but instead just on a straight portion of asphault at Cali Speedway on street tires. So of course the times are going to be worse than at a real strip.

Besides the fact the EP couldn't hook up, apparently it did manage some (I believe they said) 10 second runs up to 100. So, they power was definitely there.

As for why they ran this, it sounds like C&D probably called them up and said "Hey, we're running this tuner event. Bring anything you got right now." So, this frankenstein EP wasn't built to try to trick people into buying the normal EP JRSC, its just a project car they have going on.

As for the SVT Focus, it too was thrown together at the last moment to make the event and was literally being tuned during the event. Apparently they only had 36 lb injectors and couldn't get the larger ones in, in time. So they were totally maxing out the injectors and had to pull crap loads of timing up top and sacrifice a lot of power. This was on a stock block, with stock internals but they did bump up the redline from 7250 to 7800. The crazy thing was it puts down 180+ ft/lbs of torque BEFORE 2000 rpm. crazy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information