Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a EP3

wait and see

I think if you wait until spetember 15th, you will get a better deal on the Si for what you want to pay. Once the 2004's are out Honda will give dealers incentives to move th 2003's out. Most of us got the cars for such a low price because we knew about the dealer incentive. Also, when you mention a pice do not include taxes, only destination. Taxes just like death are not negotiable :-)

According to the latest info that I've found on the internet, the dealers net position in the Si is $16,502 (after marketing incentives and dealer holdback). Any sales price below that level would be below the dealer's net cost. In order to reduce their inventory and to reduce their financing cost a dealer may go below this price, but you will probably have to work hard for such a price. I believe this dealer incentive package is in place until July 31.

Honda is also offer 1.9% financing on all civics. This interest rate is below market and should be strongly considered if you plan to finance your Si.

According to College Hills Honda's webpage the 04 Si's will not be out until October.
    Last edited by spydur; 07-03-2003 at 07:30 PM.

Originally posted by spydur
    According to the latest info that I've found on the internet, the dealers net position in the Si is $16,502 (after marketing incentives and dealer holdback). Any sales price below that level would be below the dealer's net cost. In order to reduce their inventory and to reduce their financing cost a dealer may go below this price, but you will probably have to work hard for such a price. I believe this dealer incentive package is in place until July 31.

Honda is also offer 1.9% financing on all civics. This interest rate is below market and should be strongly considered if you plan to finance your Si.

According to College Hills Honda's webpage the 04 Si's will not be out until October.

Thanks for the INFO!!!:D

jrob6716
    yes.. Thank you very much... I guess itthe type r isnt coming soon i can always drop my type s motor in there from my mangled RSX.

i've searched and search for the rims but no luck. would I have to call England or JP?

THX

If you are looking for a set of original CTR wheels then check out:
    http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/

This is were our brothers across the pond hang out. Its a great, informative website. The problem with buying wheels from England will be the shipping cost.

Sorry about the RSX accident. If its a Type S, then it will be interesting to see what happens to the motor/transaxle!

work then mod
    I just got my 03' Si in Washington for 18,200 with a 14,500 trade in on my 02' Si with 2000 miles. Not too bad of a deal. I paid 17,700 in December for the 02' So I didn't lose too much on the deal. It could have been alot worse. Plus I got extra stuff like trunk liner, wheel locks, mats etc. and no charge( or so they say) basically you have to call the dealer out and say"your going to make money no matter what" Honda gives kickbacks on certain cars and theres all these hidden rebates plus fleet buying I'll never get what dealers actually pay for their cars. :o

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    OMG i think the ONLY thing that saved you was that your mileage was super low. wow i would be so upside down on that deal.

what was the reason you did that anyways.....just curious.

you in washington state or dc?

work then mod
    Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
    OMG i think the ONLY thing that saved you was that your mileage was super low. wow i would be so upside down on that deal.

what was the reason you did that anyways.....just curious.

you in washington state or dc?
    Washington state. My SILVER ep had a crack in the paint from new which ended up having the whole passenger side refinished and it still didn't look right to me. You can never get silver metallic to lay down the same as factory metallic flake. It bugged me so much I traded the car. Plus I felt like the car was cursed from the beginning. My advice from this: Don't buy a car thats been sitting on the lot too long, like all the 02' si's were this last winter. They won't be "new" if you live in a winter climate.

wow, i guess i was lucky....... i got mine with only 2 miles on it....it came off the truck a week before.

you didnt notice the paint prob before?

hey what color is your rsx? cuz if its desert silver metallic i need your bumper man. some dumbass rear ended me so i need it. where is it at.

jrob6716
    insurance has already taken it. .. The rear bumber was gone to..

j

Professional Crastinator DX4U2NV's Avatar
    surprised no one asked this yet: "the HELL happened to your car?"

jrob6716
    I was headed to a club to hand out demo's that night when some A$$hole cut me off. Then to top it off he clipped my rear back quarter panel and bumper. He ended up spinning out to but he sent me into the Center divider. I am still going to Phys. Therapy. My checst and back & neck are not right ever since. got a lawyer. looks like I'll see somewhere around the neighborhood. of 30k/40k depending. Plus the payoff the car. After what I have had to go throught thats the least they could do for me. Now if Honda can only get that CTR over here I could buy 1 cash...

just makes you realize that your not invinceable in your car.
    Stay Safe guys.... & Gals
    Last edited by jrob6716; 07-05-2003 at 10:32 AM.

glad to hear your ok considering.....get better. cant wait to see the new ride. take it easy ;)

In Canada there are several websites which you can use to find
    "dealer invoice", "dealer cost"

I'm sure there is something like that in the U.S.

What I did was find out cost and call/travel to all my local dealers (over 9 of them)

Eventually I found one that sold me my car for $155 over cost and only one bullshit fee ($185 admin) .

If you can be patient it will pay off

W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information