Close

Neuspeed FSB...clunking?

There is a definite clunking noise coming from my car since I installed my FSB from Neuspeed. The strange thing is that I can feel it in my gas pedal. It only makes the noise when I'm starting out slowly, like at a stop light. Then again in 2nd gear, after that it stops.

I assumed that maybe I overtightened the bolts on it, so my friend and I loosened and retightened them to the proper torque (35 ft/lbs, according to the instructions). The noise was still there.

Before I left for work today, I looked into my engine bay and saw that the holder for what I think is the throttle cable is pushing into my strut bar. There are definitely scratches/gouges from where the pictured piece of engine is hitting my bar.

Would it be safe to bend this down and and out of the way? Also, what the hell caused this? In the picture, the throttle cable thingy (for lack of a better term) is nowhere near the strut bar. Why the hell did this happen to me?

When you get on the gas the motor shifts back. That's where engine dampeners and motor mount inserts come in handy

I fixed it. I think. I just bent back the throttle cable holder, and that seems to of stopped the clunking. It hasn't made any noise since yesterday.

Did u have to take off the air filter cover to get that to fit or is it a mod? Or am I just a dumb NooB?

Originally posted by Silentplanet
    Did u have to take off the air filter cover to get that to fit or is it a mod? Or am I just a dumb NooB?
    It looks like he has a different kind of an intake there, but it does look like the stock bottom part of the box.

isnt it a HKS intake? i wonder if the "bottom" part will fit with my ebay intake
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Unhappy

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

are you serious? heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

That is a pic of my IceBox Install :o :angel:

my bad....i thought the icebox looked a little different. The other ones have the filter fully contained in an "icebox" lol
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

I have studied that Icebox install many times, and they were the only pictures I could find of the Neuspeed Strut bar actually installed in an EP. Thanks for taking quality pictures of your install. Also, sorry if using this picture without your consent offended you in anyway.

I'm also getting an IceBox depending on whether or not Comptech decides to send me one (ALMOST A MONTH since I ordered it)...so that will essentially be my engine bay pretty soon.

Thumbs up Koo

Good luck on getting that I.B.

I was laughing @
    isnt it a HKS intake? i wonder if the "bottom" part will fit with my ebay intake
    I don't mind u using that pic, or any other pic I post. I'll just see your *ss in court :p

That is strange about your throttle cable bracket, I don't think I've had that problem. I'll check it in the AM though.

I have developed a "creaking" sound from my cluitch pedal though. . .dammit. Time to go to Honda.

Thread Information