Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    FWIW: I called Jackson Racing yesterday and asked them when the SC for the EP3 will be out. Jim (I think) said it's delayed in production until mid-September, which sounds to me like, "We have no idea when it will be out..."

ah, i missed it in JR Power's second post that the street version is dyno'd only with the supercharger. so, you were right ... 53 whp increase.

JRPower
    I was not there at the time of each dyno. So, I will try and look into that.

The K-Series motor has had many ranges of baselines. In the issue of Honda Tuning, this K-Series Dyno Dilemma was explained.

Originally posted by JRPower
    I was not there at the time of each dyno. So, I will try and look into that.

The K-Series motor has had many ranges of baselines. In the issue of Honda Tuning, this K-Series Dyno Dilemma was explained.
    yeah, I've even seen them show a stock dyno of 149! that's insane. Like I said, it all depends on the car, dyno, climate, etc.

man, who knows when it will be out? i called greddy for almost 10 months, and over that time, lets see, first, it was end of december, called them, then it was end of february, called them, then it was spring, called them, then it was mid june, etc., etc., until finally they unleashed it

Originally posted by super_si_45
    man, who knows when it will be out? i called greddy for almost 10 months, and over that time, lets see, first, it was end of december, called them, then it was end of february, called them, then it was spring, called them, then it was mid june, etc., etc., until finally they unleashed it
    yeah, so true, jrsc seems like it will be another few months till they are finished.

Karel
    Uhhh.. wasn't too long ago that people were seriously complaining that the JR Supercharger thing was proving to be JUNK.
    Sold as a JR product, actually by Moss and supported by apparently no one when it's innards failed all too often.
    Some even went so far as to claim that their performance improved when they finally reverted to Stock in pure frustration with the crappy 'supercharger'
    Is this not the very SAME 'Made in Taiwan' unit as has been sold to the unsuspecting/naive as before??

Originally posted by Karel
    Uhhh.. wasn't too long ago that people were seriously complaining that the JR Supercharger thing was proving to be JUNK.
    Sold as a JR product, actually by Moss and supported by apparently no one when it's innards failed all too often.
    Some even went so far as to claim that their performance improved when they finally reverted to Stock in pure frustration with the crappy 'supercharger'
    Is this not the very SAME 'Made in Taiwan' unit as has been sold to the unsuspecting/naive as before??
    I take it you are talking about that article on hybrid. There are some case by case subjects that will tell you that, and I can understand after their experiences. I think with the past units, they needed more tuning than jr or moss would openly admit. So people added a few small things and thought they were good to go. I even had the experience of the leaking bean oil...thus got rid of the car...not only for that, but because of the constant tip in detonation, the already blown up motor from before, the struggle of tuning it, and the absence of availablity of an intercooler.

Damn, I just made my self realize, how I will never go back to jrsc!

Why is this the first I've heard of these problems? And hasn't R & D and production went completely U.S. at Jackson Racing?

QuicksilverSIR
    Whoa - talk about a cold shower for this post, and no reply by JRPower for a week? What gives?

I think it's cool that Little O is in here keeping us posted. If the SC is between $2000-$2500 I may not go the turbo route, so I will wait and see what we get.

QuicksilverSIR
    I'm still interested too - but would like to hear a bit more from Little O on what sounds like some Big I(ssues) with their product (which, come to think of, I have heard about before from a post somewhere else from a Miata owner about a year or two ago). Overall, the JRSC still sounds like a very interesting option, but would like to hear a response on these points, and get some reassurance that whatever problems there were aren't there anymore.

Release Update

I called Jackson Racing today and their sales rep told me that there have been more delays on our kit. Early October is their estimate at this point. Oy! :(

Re: Release Update

Originally posted by Quicksilver
    I called Jackson Racing today and their sales rep told me that there have been more delays on our kit. Early October is their estimate at this point. Oy! :(
    LOL! holy shit, I bet it has to do with the fact they are working with hondata. It could be something as simple as them getting that option setup for buyers.

"What redline?"......DOH! I SELL HONDAS's Avatar

delivery dates

I know they want to get it right but thay have changed the release date more times than ANYONE can count.
    Not very professional in my opinion.
    Very dissaponiting to say the least.:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information