Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    since the PM mailbox is full, here's a few ?'s i have:

1: What is the construction of the rotor? Two piece? directionaly vaned?

2: Will stock wheels fit over this setup? Are aftermarket wheels required?

3: What brand of stainless steel lines are included?

4: What are the availible friction material options? Anything from carbotech?

5: Which caliper is used in this setup? the foged billet dynalite? the forged billet superlite?

ephatch member
    Originally posted by Mugen_EP

I did not mean that is what Sherwin had told me so I apologize if I typed it incorrectly. I also did not mean that you do not need to upgrade anything in the rear but such a huge caliper and rotor is not needed as the front.
    NO worries buddy, I ain't mad at ya ;)

ephatch member
    Originally posted by chunky
    since the PM mailbox is full, here's a few ?'s i have:

1: What is the construction of the rotor? Two piece? directionaly vaned?

2: Will stock wheels fit over this setup? Are aftermarket wheels required?

3: What brand of stainless steel lines are included?

4: What are the availible friction material options? Anything from carbotech?

5: Which caliper is used in this setup? the foged billet dynalite? the forged billet superlite?

Sorry, mailbox got full too fast :)

1: Rotor is an OEM Brembo rotor that is a single piece and is straight vaned.

2: This set up is designed to fit in a 15" wheel. The stock wheels are actually designed pretty well. The spokes do not hinder caliper clearance.

3: Stainless lines are DOT approved and are lined with Teflon.

4: Besides Wilwoods 9 different friction materials (which are all made by Raybestos), Hawk HPS and HP+ as well as anything by EBC is available.

5. Caliper used in this kit will be the forged dynalite. I could easily use the Superlite, but I think you will have clearance issues. Unless you are running a wheel with an offset below 40mm, they most likely will not fit.

If there is anything else you need to know or have concerns about let me know. I ll work on getting a pic ASAP.

Sherwin

ephatch member

What's the brand of stainless lines? I ask because Goodrich is garbage and I wouldn't pay for those. Earls and Fischer are better and fairly available.

What's the weight difference between the forged Superlights and the forged Dynalights?

I'll be giving you a ring in about an hour to talk specifics of my setup. Thanks.

Originally posted by DocofMind

Sorry, mailbox got full too fast :)

1: Rotor is an OEM Brembo rotor that is a single piece and is straight vaned.

2: This set up is designed to fit in a 15" wheel. The stock wheels are actually designed pretty well. The spokes do not hinder caliper clearance.

3: Stainless lines are DOT approved and are lined with Teflon.

4: Besides Wilwoods 9 different friction materials (which are all made by Raybestos), Hawk HPS and HP+ as well as anything by EBC is available.

5. Caliper used in this kit will be the forged dynalite. I could easily use the Superlite, but I think you will have clearance issues. Unless you are running a wheel with an offset below 40mm, they most likely will not fit.

If there is anything else you need to know or have concerns about let me know. I ll work on getting a pic ASAP.

Sherwin
    thanks for the prompt response. :)

The picture shows cross drilled & slotted. Is it possible to get plain faced or just slotted?

So the dynalite calipers will work with the OEM wheels but the superlite won't? My oz wheels have a +37offset so they'd probably work with the superlite. Just out of curiosity, what is the price diff for the superlites? I could always get spacers for the OEM wheels :D

ephatch member
    Originally posted by SiMPLE_SiMON
    What's the brand of stainless lines? I ask because Goodrich is garbage and I wouldn't pay for those. Earls and Fischer are better and fairly available.

What's the weight difference between the forged Superlights and the forged Dynalights?

I'll be giving you a ring in about an hour to talk specifics of my setup. Thanks.
    Actually, Goodridge lines are pretty descent, you just have to know what to order. Believe it or not, they actually have a different hoses that you can choose from, most just dont know about this.

I actually source mine from a very, VERY small shop that mostly services local race teams. If indeed you are doubtful of what i use on my own car, I can give you the exact specs and part numbers that you will need to order the lines from Earls or whoever.

Weight difference between the two calipers is roughly 1.8 pounds. The Dynalite weighs 2.5 pounds while the Superlite comes in around 4.3.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by chunky

thanks for the prompt response. :)

The picture shows cross drilled & slotted. Is it possible to get plain faced or just slotted?

So the dynalite calipers will work with the OEM wheels but the superlite won't? My oz wheels have a +37offset so they'd probably work with the superlite. Just out of curiosity, what is the price diff for the superlites? I could always get spacers for the OEM wheels :D

Of course the rotor is available any which way you choose. I was simply showing you what IS available ;)

Price difference on the calipers is not much. Price difference on design though is another question. I would have to wait until i have everything mocked up to give you an exact answer. I would suspect somewhere in the neighborhood of $250 extra.

Will the factory compact spare work??????????????

Damn good question.

This setup seems ideal for those that have smaller wheels for fun & larger wheels for bling.

Another question. . .will these fit the Civic LX stock 14" wheels?

Sorry so many questions Doc:o

ephatch member
    Originally posted by EKthenEPnow
    Honestly, I dont know. What I do know though is that it doesnt matter Dont forget, your able to rotate all your tires. The Civic does not have a staggered set up so you could always switch all the wheels around. :p ;)

EP33, these will not fit 14" wheels. The diameter of the rotor is just too large.

NOW, for all you guys. Question for ya. Who in So Cali wants to test fit these for me???????

Let me know, should be ready in about a week.

do i get a discount =-) pm or aim me

HondaChevy
    DocofMind

You said there is something like a group buy....(all we need is 5 people to get that price ). When will this take place and what company is selling/ producing the kit? I am about to purchase a Function B2 set up but could put that on hold for better brakes.

Originally posted by DocofMind

Honestly, I dont know. What I do know though is that it doesnt matter Dont forget, your able to rotate all your tires. The Civic does not have a staggered set up so you could always switch all the wheels around. :p ;)

So heres the Scenario:

I buy your brakes,

I go for a vacation

I get a flat

I can't put my Compact Spare on (cause of brakes that May / or May Not" fit the compact spare)

I pay someone to Off you

YOU NOLONGER MAKE BRAKES THAT potentially fit the factory compact spare

Whats the deal, its not a crazy question

Infact it is a very valid and reasonable question

Once you figure it out, let me know and then I will let you know if I'm gonna buy em

Thanks

W

Originally posted by EKthenEPnow

So heres the Scenario:

I buy your brakes,

I go for a vacation

I get a flat

I can't put my Compact Spare on (cause of brakes that May / or May Not" fit the compact spare)

I pay someone to Off you

YOU NOLONGER MAKE BRAKES THAT potentially fit the factory compact spare

Whats the deal, its not a crazy question

Infact it is a very valid and reasonable question

Once you figure it out, let me know and then I will let you know if I'm gonna buy em

Thanks

W
    i think what Doc meant in his earlier post was to put the compact spare on the rear (standanrd brakes) and move the stock (or aftermarket) wheel that was on the rear to the front (new brakes)...

this procedure should work fine unless you have more than one flat... then one spare isn't gonna help much anyways :D
    Last edited by glw; 07-29-2003 at 11:04 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information