Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just smoked u...
    Originally posted by 02situner
    this pic is a little better
    DAAAMN! u went all out! definitely not my style, i think hte color is alright, but its just the quality of the paint u used, made everything looked cheap, and whats that on the floor mat, there are red stuff everywhere... just my five cent.....

ephatch member
    red = hp!!!!!

Advice from Great grandmother......

"u got to slowwww cook da lice....... it has mo flava dat way! You rush, you waste the whole bowl!!!!

ephatch member
    the quality of the paint job is good. the picks dont show it. you would have to see it in person and when i took those pics i hadnt {still havent} even cleaned it up there is tons of dust and stuff on it.

And for it being too rice.. how is it that by changing it from silver to red makes it rice. Not like i am running around with stickers all over the car from top to bottom big alumn wing and Stuff like that. I quess everyone has there opinion and i can respect that..

ephatch member
    making certain parts of your car attentionwhorish with out performance benefit is rice

so your saying that putting on a red dash kit that cost $200 because you cant stand the silver is rice??

ephatch member
    Just because you like the asthetics != rice (for those not C++ literate, != means does not equal)

those who are afraid of a little color, shove it.

If you blew $hit loads of cash for it, I'd complain, but cheap interior preferences, if it's not your car, no place to hate.

A balancing act of form vs. function is where it's at. To be on either side of the hate weight is defaming to the car's potential. if you wash your car, you're on the form side, so don't be that guy. If we all had the $$ to put into performance, we wouldn't have this car anyways, you'd have a porsche. So take it as it is, and accept that our vehicle is a balancing act of form vs. function, and some are on either side of the divide. Feel the love of the indeterminate. Yes, I've had 4 hefeweizen diese nacht(wheat beer this night), and it feels good :-)

That's my opinion.

ephatch member
    oh, and though I wouldn't have done the red myself, it looks bad ass for those brash enough to tread those waters... nice job, looks stellar.

Hehe... amazing how clearly the mind thinks with some hefeweisen...

That's the gist of it, really.

I'll state my opinion of its looks first, and not again -- it's just not something I would do. But, I think it's just because of the color -- I might do black to match my car (or red if I had a red EP...) if I were to do this. However, this statement is just a matter of taste, and everyone's different. Thank goodness, or else we might all be driving black Si's (after all, it IS the best color! ;) ).

What I like about this job, though, is that you took the time to do it right. It's not just some hack job where you simply took off the parts, laid them on newspaper in the driveway, and covered them with spray enamel. All the prep work and extensive finishing will really help it to stay looking good for a long time.

Plus, you simply can't beat the bang-for-the-buck of an interior mod like this.

Funny -- I wouldn't do it to my car, but I like it.

I Painted my spark plug cover and that other engine cover almost the exact same red. and I hate those dudes that Think they know the almighty definition of "rice". Many ways to cook rice ya know.

that looks sooooo good...i mean the black and white numbers....

would you be interested in making a white guage for me?! for like 30 bucks? that would be awesome!
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

samsudin
    I have a question. How do you take off the door latch and the Lock/unlock switch?

ephatch member
    Originally posted by BarracksSi
    Hehe... amazing how clearly the mind thinks with some hefeweisen...

That's the gist of it, really.

Sometime when we have a DC area meet you'll have to see my black interior, It's a nice change of pace... course somebody already prolly said it, but I painted mine because I scratched through the silver, and it was either like 100$ for the console plastic, or 10$ for paint... either match the stock silver, or pick a new shade... matching an oem plastic... difficult.What some call rice, I call efficiency.

[QUOTE] that looks sooooo good...i mean the black and white numbers...

would you be interested in making a white guage for me?! for like 30 bucks? that would be awesome! QUOTE]

check the photochop section, some people were working on some new faces.

I don't think anybody has produced an actual white gauge face... Or at least if you're referring to mine, the whole white numbers thing is achieved by acetoning off the orange filter on back, and then replacing the bulbs with white LEDs. Search on my name, I did a DIY on it...

The whole process requires swapping bulbs for LEDs, soldering and some hot glue, cost me 5$ for acetone, and like 20$ for LEDs. It's like 5-6 hours of work to do it the way I did, not like the DIY, but not terribly difficult.

havent i asked you to do it for me before?! lol...nah its okay...I dont wanna mess with the electrical crap...its too scary
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ocelaris
    I don't think anybody has produced an actual white gauge face... Or at least if you're referring to mine, the whole white numbers thing is achieved by acetoning off the orange filter on back, and then replacing the bulbs with white LEDs. Search on my name, I did a DIY on it...

The whole process requires swapping bulbs for LEDs, soldering and some hot glue, cost me 5$ for acetone, and like 20$ for LEDs. It's like 5-6 hours of work to do it the way I did, not like the DIY, but not terribly difficult.
    I guess since it won't knock 3/10 second off your 1/4 mile time, some PUNKS might call it rice, I call it personal preference. as long as you make the payment and not anybody else, do what makes you happy. more power to you, you don't fit the cookie cutter!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information