Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    92-94 NSX

STI

Evo

WRX

Accord V6

I really could have easily afford to purchase any of the above, but here is why I didn't:

I want to wait to buy a NEW NSX when I make a little more

STI wasn't yet available

Evo wasn't yet available

WRX, I would do STI, but I'm not putting up with crappy interior and rattles from a normal Subaru

Accord V6, don't want to be look down upon by drivers of luxury sedans and coupes

Now though in retrospect, I kinda think that I should have just waited for the STI or maybe the cheaper Z4, I guess I ultimately wanted more cushion from my wallet..

Oh well, it was a sound decision and I don't complain one bit about its beauty and elegance...just wish for more stock power is all....

I was looking into getting a 2000 Accord V6 Coupe or a 2000 Chevy S10 Xtreme. I needed something I could put my bike in so even though I love the looks and perfromance of the Mini it was out of the question because of the limited space and I thought they were much more expensive than they are. This is my 3rd Civic hatch and I'm very happy I stuck with them.

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    I had looked into a wrx, didn't like it - a integra type-r, too expensive - rsx type-s, didn't like it and too expensive - I was going to get a 01 prelude, but fate had it that there were no good preludes on the lot that day and one really great 02 si. The prelude is to cramped anyway.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by furious
    92-94 NSX

STI

Evo

WRX

Accord V6

I really could have easily afford to purchase any of the above, but here is why I didn't:

I want to wait to buy a NEW NSX when I make a little more

STI wasn't yet available

Evo wasn't yet available

WRX, I would do STI, but I'm not putting up with crappy interior and rattles from a normal Subaru

Accord V6, don't want to be look down upon by drivers of luxury sedans and coupes

Now though in retrospect, I kinda think that I should have just waited for the STI or maybe the cheaper Z4, I guess I ultimately wanted more cushion from my wallet..

Oh well, it was a sound decision and I don't complain one bit about its beauty and elegance...just wish for more stock power is all....
    yeah i kinda thought about those old school nsx's but then i thought dayum, if anything goes wrong on that car it is going to cost a fortune + insurance

A 2000 Integra GSR or a 1999 Honda Civic H/B....Those are the two i test drove but when i got in the ep i couldnt get back out!

The EP3 is my wife's car.

She had ordered a Cooper S. When it came in, the dealer was being a prick, so she got pissed and walked. (Funny, though, they were fine when I picked up my Cooper...)

Anyway, we talked about what was along the same lines price/performance wise.

She drove the SRT-4. Said it was a DAMN fast car, but hated the boom of the exhaust.

We decided to test some others on Saturday. (Mazdaspeed Protege, Focus SVT, Civic Si, GTI, etc.)

She knew nothing about the Civic Si. I told her she should drop by the Honda dealership one day after work (right by her office), and test one.

She called me about an hour later and was bringing it home.

She LOVED it (key point was being able to chirp the tires in second) and at $15500 we couldn't beat the deal.

-Rob

ya my friend is 20 and he drove my car he squeeeled them damn tires when he doubled clutched it. he also knows how to drift not the best but he has been drivin a hot civic since like 90. i would have gottin a mini s or a civic coupe.

I was checking out the Nissan Spec V and Protoge 5. Would have also waited and checked out Mazdaspeed.

I would have liked to get Cooper S, Nissan Frontier, Infiniti G35 coupe.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Now that I think about it, I would have saved a little longer for a black 350Z Enthusiast :p

I've test driven an EP3 three times, I like it but I haven't been totally convinced. I still enjoy my stock, 15 year old CRX Si. I'm the original owner and after 165,000 miles, I feel it is more fun to drive than the EP3. But, if the CTR becomes available - my CRX's days maybe numbered!

seeing the cars u guys could of gotten and can afford like nsx, evo, sti's plus insurance just wondering why u guys opted for the EP u guys for me if i had that money and didnt want those cars i would of gotten something like a BMW 330ci or something like that haha just wondering with ur price range u guys had a wide range of choices

ephatch member
    for me i needed the car asap. the other car (89 ef) took a dump and i didnt feel like having a project car as my daily driver and the ep seemed peppy enough. I wasnt sure i'd want it for a long time so i leased it for 3 years.
    i could have gotten the rsx but that would have been stretchin it too thin and I dont want to be one of those people that has a supernice car but has no money or lives in a dump

Original rice. 92 CRX B16 swap and turbo and stiff as a go cart. *drooling*. 02 SI is a damn good birthday present though.

ephatch member
    360 Modena...:p

Ohh, in the realm of the realistic? Without laughing, now that there is a turbo Forrester, it would probably be able to dual roll better than the EP3 as a family hauler and fun car in one.

But the EP3 does a great job right now, just want to save up for a set of Mugen springs/shocks and 16" wheels and tires. After I do that I might not want anything else, as these are the two major sore points of the SiR anyway....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information