Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03 inspire View Post
    welt hows the kit treating u ?
    apparently not good enough if he's trying to sell the car

click the link in my sig to see

the kit is awsome its just i might get stationed in cali in the near future and there is NOOOOO way ill be legal out there

i have to have a smog cert to get on base even if i have out of state tags
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post

the kit is awsome its just i might get stationed in cali in the near future and there is NOOOOO way ill be legal out there

are you serious! what the fuck! that cant be true.....hit up base legal! what base you going too??

penelton or miramar

god forbid okinawa

i live in cali i can help u with the smog dont trip!

i live in cali i can help u with the smog dont trip!
    ill definately hit you up when the time come

ill know in about a year (im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so i no for sure that i can still have my car with outa state plates)

it just sucks that they still make us get the cert shit done to drive our NC registered cars on base

emissions in general is overated

Quote Originally Posted by RTE117 View Post
    I still do not understand why people over pay for these kits. I say just put your own together.

It's kinda like this to me:

Anyone buying the bling kits like Full Race are idiots or just hardparkers (which is big in the Honda world). Sorry. My buddy's dad is a welder of 22 years and has been in the automotive industry for longer and will build me a top mount, dump tube, manifold, etc for a goddamn FRACTION of the cost of those bling setups and guarantee his work until the day he dies.

Then there are the kits which include shit you will never use like FMU's and tiny turbo's.. Not so good for Honda engines IMO. So in the end you end up paying for to replace/upgrade.
    i got another idea everyone should get a custom exhaust made instead of buying the prefabbed name brands one. Also, stop buying intakes, headers, etc.

While we are at it, you are a hardparker if you go to the store and waste your money on groceries because you can just grow the foods yours or go hunting and get your own meat.

Stop buying clothes and start making your own before you Is a HardpArker fo ReaLz.

Most turbo ktis can produce a lot of power its the engine holding it back

i forgot though, your mechanical and turbo knowledge surpasses everyone on this site.

oh yeah i agree jason running 11's at the track is hardparking.

go back to where you came from:

www.honda-tech.com
    Last edited by jeenyusss; 06-25-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTE117 View Post
    A hardparker is a performance version of a ricer. They buy bling performance parts but have never seen a track. Basically what 95% of this site is. Sorry. And JDM is rice. I don't buy into it; never did.
    I found a definition for hardparking HERE. And here I thought it had a different meaning.

RTE117, I see what you're saying and you make some good points. Most JDM parts people really are concerned with are rice, but things like JDM headlights, Recaro seats and the k20a engine for the CTR are superior to the USDM versions. There's nothing wrong with being hardparker if you can afford the parts and you enjoy the hobby. I don't see anything wrong with people who own showcars and hardly or never drive them, they are hardparking to the extreme, but it makes the happy, so that's cool.

RTE117, some people might see some flaws in the things you typed in this thread, but that's cool. I think you're brave for putting your opinions out there. I agree with you that people shouldn't be afraid to piece together their own turbo kits. And it's true that hardparking is more common in the Honda community than in other car communities. It's nice to see someone on ephatch who is opinionated and not afraid to have viewpoints that few others agree with.

All that said though you gotta respect ephatch because ephatch members have the world's fastest and highest horsepower ep3s. The emphasis on this site is on clean, classy cars without silly bodykits. Sure, looks is more important to most people on here than performance, but that's ok.

If you hate the ep3 it's probably the wrong forum to be on. And some of us hate pointless rice as much as anyone else does. But there is nothing wrong with wanting your car to be pretty either. Not everyone cares about racing, some people just want to create a machine that could kick ass if it had to, but they want to keep their car cute so they never ride it hard or push it much.

We have some ep3s on this forum that look pretty bad and some that have a lot of money spent on them and still look bad. But we also have some really badass ep3s on here as far as performance and also as far as styling, and I am not just talking JDM junk.

*exhales* lol Well, that's long enough. Hopefully this thread turns peaceful and we all find a way to get along.

ill know in about a year (im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so i no for sure that i can still have my car with outa state plates)

it just sucks that they still make us get the cert shit done to drive our NC registered cars on base
    good news if u r in the army and u are active no need to reg in cali not required by DMV :) i know this cause i do reg's and Insurance here in cAli :)

good news if u r in the army and u are active no need to reg in cali not required by DMV :) i know this cause i do reg's and Insurance here in cAli :)
    bong! good ass new boi! i like that um um yup!

when the heck id tht change, cause the last time i tried to register my car there they told me I had to do a emissions check and this back in 03. BUt I never going to register my car out there anyways. I'll stick with my texas plates or any state has no emissions check. God I love my turbod civic. Just wish the damm thing to run when it gets back to texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    when the heck id tht change, cause the last time i tried to register my car there they told me I had to do a emissions check and this back in 03. BUt I never going to register my car out there anyways. I'll stick with my texas plates or any state has no emissions check. God I love my turbod civic. Just wish the damm thing to run when it gets back to texas.
    what part of texas you at? you dont have anyone starting up you civic from time to time?

same here. its rediculous...

Thread Information