Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    i dont have the patients to look around for parts for a custom turbo kit! i just want to buy a nice kit that will give me 250+ hp with all the good accesories including kpro! i got a good ass deal on my turbo kit and its been show that the revhard kit puts dont 250+hp so i didnt really over pay! i also dont have the patients to sit around and get pipes welded! only the oil pan cause that shits simple as fuck! let me know how much your custom kit cost you! with stock internals?! and ill run you! custom against rev hard! custom may win but revhard is only an inch behind your ass if you got the good shit!
    Ok well... You are hell bent on making the EP3 the performance car it never was, so I can't argue with ignorance. 250 WHP. Oh boy. Good thing the EP3 is a sled compared to most modded Civics. You might trap 105 if you're lucky (that's not fast BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by JCEM View Post
    You have somebody who will build a custom kit for you and stand by their work.

Good for you.

Most people don't have those kind of resources. That leaves kits built by reputable companies who have done the R&D to ensure that the engine is going to run reliably. If these kits don't suit you, fine - but saying people are idiots for buying a kit that's known to work well and suits their needs....well, lets just say you're on the wrong forum for that kind of attitude.

BTW, what the hell is a "hardparker"
    Well since you seem to have a grasp on things unlike the one above, I'll be a little less harsh when I say this: aside from what I already mentioned about resources, most of the extra bling isn't necessary for you, me, or majority of modders. Even I plan to trap 130 on my next setup and I'd never consider that bling stuff. Why? Because there is a HUGE market for Honda's and you can find comparable products for cheaper! I bought my first custom mani, dp, and IC piping from SpoolinPerformance before he became a big shot. I sold it off and the guy that bought it made over 400 WHP on a partially built LS shortblock. Guess what? All of that costed as much as a single FR manifold! And how many 600 WHP EP3's are there to need these insanely expensive, top of the line products? You see me as a nuisance but I'm not.. I'm just playing devil's advocate.
    Last edited by RTE117; 06-24-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Thread Information