Close

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    In order to adjust the boost, youll need a boost controller.
    The stock emanage settings are 6.5 lbs of boost.(Thats what youll kit will run when you get it)
    Now, when you get an IC youll be able to boost a higher(1-2lbs of boost higher). Just like I said in the previous post, after you get an IC you remove your restrictor plate. That will automatically up the boost.

MatrixKiller
    also.. its not advised to up the boost any higher unless you get the emanaged tuned to match what you are boosting. the emanage is password protected so you wont be doing any on the fly changes unless you want to wipe out what is on the emanage and reprogram and dyno tune.

thanks for the info. I was hoping there would be like a hot button on the controller to switch between different tuned boost settings. Like one setting for everyday driving and anither for when i want to go fast. so how is boost physically controlled? I am trying to think what mechanical part would control the boost level and hold it at the desired setting. Again, sorry for the questions, just trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks

--Tom

MatrixKiller
    i havent installed a boost controller on my kit but if I did, I would buy a manual controller vs. electronic. there are too many things that can go wrong with a electronic boost controll... ie: a child coming into your car and playing with settings, friends playing a joke on you etc...

Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
    so how is boost physically controlled? I am trying to think what mechanical part would control the boost level and hold it at the desired setting. Again, sorry for the questions, just trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks

--Tom

By adding a boost controller to your kit, will give you the ability to boost higher with a turn of a knob.

Originally posted by ep_nezay
    By adding a boost controller to your kit, will give you the ability to boost higher with a turn of a knob.
    You don't need a boost controller to adjust your boost.
    You can also adjust the boost by tightening the "nut" on the arm of the internal wastegate. I'm pretty sure the GReddy kit uses an internal wastegate, correct me if I'm wrong. That's how I was adjusting boost on my old GReddy kit. You want to "shorten" the arm for more boost and "lengthen" it for less boost.

Smile Its finally done!

Let me just start off saying a big THANK You to Kenji and his helper, for all they have done to my car, aswell as to help others.
    Ok fellas, just got back from Greddy few hours ago and all the tuning on the emanage is done. No more running rich nor cells for you guys:)
    Unfortunately, I have an IC in my car and it was tuned ONLY for a Greddy kit with an IC. So, ALL the Greddy kit owners that have an IC in their car, call Kenji and tell him you are going to send in your emanage. Make sure and CALL first before you send it, due to the fact that he needs a serial # reading.
    After he recieves it, he will reprogram the emanage with the program that Im running.

Kenji hard at work.

I thought the car felt smooth before and let me just say now, its smoother! Picked up alot more midrange than hp up top. But Im very happy with the results and I know you will be too.

As for the people that dont have an IC, Kenji is having an EP with no IC coming in next week, so after he tunes that car, that program will begin its way out to the Greddy kit owners with no IC.
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 11-20-2003 at 12:43 AM.

MatrixKiller
    Heya Ep!
    thanks for the good news...
    whats his number? hehehe
    i plan on seeing if they can just send a replacement one to me since its my daily driver and i need my car everyday.. :(

MatrixKiller
    btw
    what were your dyno runs like?
    final numbers?
    what amount of boost was it tuned for?
    i am hitting 8.7 lbs so will that work?
    lucky me.. i got intercooler :)

Originally posted by beansbear
    Heya Ep!
    thanks for the good news...
    whats his number? hehehe
    i plan on seeing if they can just send a replacement one to me since its my daily driver and i need my car everyday.. :(
    His number is (949)588-8300

Originally posted by beansbear
    btw
    what were your dyno runs like?
    final numbers?
    what amount of boost was it tuned for?
    i am hitting 8.7 lbs so will that work?
    lucky me.. i got intercooler :)
    We were able to hit 240whp @7psi. I need a new exhaust, bigger pipping and a high-flow cat. The one I have was choking up top(not a turbo exhaust).

8.7? why is it so high? I wouldnt go past 8, just to be safe, unless you have race gas.
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 11-20-2003 at 02:08 AM.

MatrixKiller
    well my boost gauge hits a little under .6 so i figure its about 8psi ish..

Ok, ic.
    Well, the new program should be like this; lower boost should be .5 or lower and your high boost being .6.
    But you need a boost controller:)
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 11-20-2003 at 02:15 AM.

MatrixKiller
    ok cool... any suggestions on one? profec b is expensive!

LoL, thats what I have.
    Try and pick a used one up(the older model).
    Try honda-tech.com in the FI classifieds forum.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information