Close

Thread: k20a on ebay

k20a on ebay

theres a jdm k20a on ebay right now, theres no reserve and there is only 1 day left on the auction. theres one bid right now at $765.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436315209

includes engine, transmission, intake and exhaust manifolds, ECU,
    and the Starter with Alternator.

less than 5k miles, a steal if the bidding doesnt pick up in
    the remaining day.
    Last edited by anti-hu; 10-15-2003 at 08:53 AM.

CreamedCone
    This isn't the first time I have seen this engine on eBay. I don't think its real and here are my reasons. 1)He doesn't have a picture of the actual block stamping saying k20a he only has it written on there. 2) It has A/T written...automatic transmission...don't think they make those. 3) It has CRV written on it. And 4) it has the regular black intake manifold cover and silver/black valve cover unlike a real K20A that has a silver intake cover and a red valve cover.

This would explain the low price.

The dude is trying to rip someone off. He should be reported.

Just some information, I read this on the internet. K20A in the CRV's now? http://asia.vtec.net/article/2002CRV/

this.setRootCause(last);

yeah im pretty sure its rsx motor from the intake manifold being plastic....???

I want to be on you LsVtecStolen's Avatar
    The seller says it has an 5-speed automatic tranny. Since when does the K20A come in auto?

It says honda on the engine cover, yet has the IM of the RSX and they claim JDM. Sounds like one of those honda motors out of those 5 door civic of in the UK, they come w/ automatic, they also have a 3 door "Sport" civic in the Uk with a 1.6 litre engine that comes in automatic,

It technicaly is a k20a series engine, so I'm sure he's being shady, but i wouldnt say he's lieing out right.

hey guys im all confeuse w all this shit dont understend what is what about k20 k24 well all Ks As etc anyway somebody give me a explanation please n how do i know what series i own o2 hb si:o :o

that guys a POS for sellin that as k20a. 3 bids too

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    some one should report his ass or call him out on his feedback section.

ephatch member
    Hey aerial this might help, you have a k20a3 which has the lowest compression k20 series and the head has a 2 lobe system, which means for every revolution 2 lobes open and the k20a2 is the rsxtype-s,and the civictype-r motor and it has a higher compression, I beleive 11-1 to our 9.8-1 and it has a three lobe system and there's the infamous k20a which shares the same head design as the a2 but offers even higher compression which makes for one badass NA motor!!!!!!!!
    I hope this helps you understand our motor a little better and if anyone has the compression on the k20a, I'd like to know. This is what little I know about the motor and if someone wants to fill in the blanks feel free.

ephatch member
    Oh and by the way that is either a k20a3 out of a base rsx or it's a k24 out of a crv which could be the next monster moter. check the #s.

thanks for the info surfsi that helped me understend more of what i have this is my first civic n im learning alot from every one in this site isaid fist civic not fisrt car cause ive had lots of cars in the past:D

K20's in Japan!!!

Guys,

Some information, all K20's in Japan are just that K20A. There are no extra numbers like it is Stateside or Canada. So the seller isn't lying, he is just not putting out all the information as far as power and torque.

The K20A in the Civic 5door hatch is 160ps and 19.4kg-m of torque, same engine in the Integra iS, CR-V, and also the Stream. Also they come with a 4 or 5 speed automatic tranny. Though the new Stream Absolute uses a new K20A, same hp and torque but now it has direct injection. Pretty sweet, the fuel savings is something like 10-15% increased. Quite an achievement by Honda!

Chris
    Last edited by DC5RK20A; 01-13-2004 at 12:15 AM.

Thread Information