Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well, i finally got the stupid thing done. i used a hack saw to get that stupid bracket off and said screw it. it feels solid. its really easy to install after you get that bracket outta the way, or if it comes out with no problem.

i honestly thought the JRSC install was easier than this stupid header.

Man, stock header looks just nasty. Glad you got that SOB off.

Glad you finished it. Wish I had my DC Header right now. I noticed last night when I put my HKS on, the 3 bolts that hold on the cat were a pain in the ass to get off. Anyways car sounds and feels better with HKS on now, keep us up on more mods on your car. Got pics posted of your car all together?????

SORRY , IT LOOKS LIKE U HAVE TO CUT IT GOOD LUCK!!!:(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty easy and quick...

I installed my Toda manifold Friday night. Got to the garage at 6:45pm, started at 6:58, garage closed at 8pm, was done at 7:55. Worst part for me, one of the bolts that mated the 2-1 pipe to the 4-2 head. One of the nuts kind of stripped. Finally broke free, this added an extra 10 minutes to the ordeal. Overall it was still pretty quick and painless. Also forgot to put the damn swaybar back on, so had to unbolt the manifold from the exhaust and slide it over the top of the manifold and then bolt it up. Guess I was too excited as I could see it was coming to a close and I was in time constraint mode. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the install as I was so time constrained.

All I can say, the Toda manifold--"IS PHUCKIN' AWESOME" (Little Nicky voice). The car has so much more pull in the whole revrange. Made a tiny mistake Saturday night, was playing with my friends and some Japanese guy in a Nissan Laurel (4 door sedan turbo-charged) wanted to play. Well I was in 3rd and I somehow mistaken went into second, the car screamed at me, quickly realized what I did, got it out of gear and just hoped everything was OK. Got up to the redlight, checked my max revs on the A'pexi RSM, it showed 0905, which means it went to 10905rpms. Was a little worried, but the car shows no signs of problems. It revs to 8850 stock.

Never had this trouble. I installed my DC header when the car was relatively new so that's probably why I did not have the hitches you had. Good to see you got it done!;)

Mine didn't work out so well. One of the spring loaded bolts that connects the cat to the header snapped and left half of it in the new header. To hell with it. I am paying someone to finish this off for me. There is such a poor seal between the header and the cat that I am not even going to drive it to the shop, just going to have the damn thing towed.

Originally posted by mlkelley68
    Mine didn't work out so well. One of the spring loaded bolts that connects the cat to the header snapped and left half of it in the new header. To hell with it. I am paying someone to finish this off for me. There is such a poor seal between the header and the cat that I am not even going to drive it to the shop, just going to have the damn thing towed.
    damn! that blows!

why not just buy a couple of new bolts from the dealership?

Originally posted by chunky
    damn! that blows!

why not just buy a couple of new bolts from the dealership?
    Half the bolt that snapped (the spring loaded one that connects header to cat) is stuck in the new header and I just plain don't feel like f-----g with it.

Pull the header back off, drill out the bolt, find a tap & die set and retap the hole in the header, put the header back on. You get the idea.:p

the header took me and a tech a hour and 1/2 to do and we even had a bolt break. One that connects the Header to the cat

ephatch member
    Did you try to loosen the 2 header/cat bolts at the same time? (You know, 3 turns for one, then 3 turns for the other and repeat) Or did you try to take one bolt off at a time? Cause it is very easy to break the bolt if you take them one at a time.

Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
    Did you try to loosen the 2 header/cat bolts at the same time? (You know, 3 turns for one, then 3 turns for the other and repeat) Or did you try to take one bolt off at a time? Cause it is very easy to break the bolt if you take them one at a time.
    It wasn't taking off the header/cat bolts that was the problem, they came off all right. It was putting them back in where one of them snapped, and I'll be damned if I can figure out why. I wasn't really twisting that damn hard.

Now the bolts that held the bottom of the header to the bracket that connects to the car were rusted to hell and gone, and those snapped coming off. I don't think there is enough liquid wrench in the world to have gotten those off.

ephatch member
    Liquid wrench dissolves rust. :D

How many miles do you have on your car because when I put my new header on I had only 10,000 miles so maybe thats why it was easy for me and harder for you.

I've only got about 22k miles on it. I don't know why those damn bolts were so rusted, but it was definately rust, on the ends that are still sticking out of the old header you can barely make out the threads, just looks like rusted lumps.

I would expect that if I lived up north in the land of salted roads, but down here they only put stuff out like once or twice a year, and it usually washes off with the first good rain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information