Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    actually... the dealership lied...

if the cars do not need break in, as the dealer says it should not, then why do the techs tell u that their oil have break in properties? Someone one the TSX board ran a test that said that the oil that honda use has a high amount of moly or whatever the hell you said, which in terms is shared by Mobil1 and Castrol Oils... so sorry guy, there is no special break in oil that comes with factory cars.

yes there is.

Originally posted by Chinaboy
    actually... the dealership lied...

if the cars do not need break in, as the dealer says it should not, then why do the techs tell u that their oil have break in properties? Someone one the TSX board ran a test that said that the oil that honda use has a high amount of moly or whatever the hell you said, which in terms is shared by Mobil1 and Castrol Oils... so sorry guy, there is no special break in oil that comes with factory cars.
    The level of moly from over the counter oils is about 1/2 of the amount that the break in oil comes with.

There is special break in oil.

Originally posted by Graywolf
    Besides, if my engine goes bad, its just an excuse to by a type-s swap.
    hahahah... thats what im thinkin... but im thinkin k24
    yea... the service techs told me that the break in period and the 35k service is the most important for hondas

Vendor
    Originally posted by dofu
    hahahah... thats what im thinkin... but im thinkin k24
    yea... the service techs told me that the break in period and the 35k service is the most important for hondas
    i guess we'll see how important break in is since i didn't do mine. btw, there is no 35k service...only 35k service there is is an oil change. our cars take 10, 20, 30, 40 minor services, and 60/120 majors.

eh... 30, 35, 40, 45, 60... same difference to me... i dont care... im not gonna bring my car in for no service... i jus do it myself (or have a friend do it) :D
    the only thing im bringin my car in to honda is for belts, if i do have them do them for me...
    edit: but a friend at honda was tellin me that it's better to check the valves not long after you break the car in... thats all im sayin...
    Last edited by dofu; 02-21-2004 at 04:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information