Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    COSi

Angry

Alright, I just got done doing this, however.....I still have slack and I have put the tensioning nut all the way to the end (closest to the pulley per prior instructions)! What now??? I drove it around the parking lot and didn't notice that much of a deference. Any suggestions?

ummmmm im hoping you adjusted the right cable, the one if you are looking at the front of the car its the one in the back. Tighten that nut and pick up SOME slack dont overtigten that or else your car wont idle properly (the throttle plate wont be able to close properly)...... good luck, JOE-- Who is impressed someone actually used the SEARCH button! WOW;)

COSi
    It was the correct cable. I read this thread over and over till I was COMPLETELY SURE as to which I would be working on.

well then, if you tightend the cable there should still be a little play in the cable itself. You will not notice anything except a crisper/snappier throttle when doing this. it will not ADD horsepower in any way to your car. --Joe

COSi
    Thank you Joe, but I'm not THAT much of a newbie, not to mention the fact that the issue of not gaining horsepower was mentioned in prior posts in this thread. All I wanted to know is whether or not the remaining slack that was left on my cable was the best I could do. Thanks.

Didnt mean to come across the way you took me. there is supposed to be some slack less than the stock 8mm of deflection maybe more like 2-3mm deflection after adjustment. --hope that better helps you -joe :)

COSi

Thumbs up

My bad, that does help me, cause now I'm not sitting here all the time wondering if I could do more. Thanks Joe.:)

How many miles were the majority of you guys doing this at?

ssvr6
    I did mine at about 1100.

Steve

1100 and that much slack? shit... i guess ill be doin somethin' tonite..

sorry, i need to ask this... which cover is the intake manifold cover? :(

/me is a newb.
    /me appologizes for the dumb question.

Ok I was looking at this today and I haven't adjusted mine yet but I will. The play on my brake pedal is about half an inch and when the pedal is all the way down it hits the throttle stop so I took my dremel and started grinding away at it and with the intake hose off you can see that the throttle plate doesn't open to a flat position unless you adjust your throttle stop. I don't know if there is any horsepower to be gained but Its an idea while your there to grind the throttle stop till the blade opens level

i just did mine 2 minute ago, and i love it it only took me about 10 minute including test drive.

woooooooohaaaaaaaa.....hey the car feels like when I first bought it, faster throtle response.

Still Around...
    The play on my brake pedal is about half an inch and when the pedal is all the way down it hits the throttle stop so I took my dremel and started grinding away at it
    your brake pedal?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information