Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would imagine that the suspension decision on Honda was more for cost and safety than anything else.

14s without a Hondata
    possible theory???: SUV Craze. Even though our car isn't an SUV, people have superiority complexes.The Si is a commuter car. People want to be able to push their way into traffic. They want to feel "taller" and "bigger" in their cars when on the road.With a drop, have you noticed where truck lights appear in your rearview? It wouldve been more reasonable to have our car with 16s though.That however can affect performance and gas mileage (not much but an arguable amount. Hey at least they're not 14s! The wheel gap can be explained with the "big rim bling" craze.

also our cars are fat pigs.

Those are just my thoughts however.

Wait, you mean I'm not driving a truck? I thought for sure my SUV had 4 Wheel Drive.

Originally posted by Mugen Power
    It's probably to make the car more practical (i.e. being able to get over speed bumps and inclined driveways) and to make its ride quality better.
    I agree. Seems like an adjustment for the American market. I was in a test drive with a dealer a few years ago for a Civic sedan and the dealer, was really trying to impress us with how floaty the suspension was. "See, you go over this dip and it feels just like an '88 Buick LeSabre!"

Originally posted by Finger
    with all the pot holes around here, i'm glad the ep has a high height.

Ditto for me. Last thing I want to do is make my car ride more stiffly. Heck, my mom would even like one if it came in automatic.

Is that a bad thing, though? Knowing that my 57-year-old mother with a bad back would like my car? Well, not really. I can't imagine that showing off a bouncy car on a date would be a good thing.

That's why I'm thinking of buying back my '86 Si if I get into autocrossing. I could use the more comfortable EP for daily driving, and do what I can to the '86 to make it into a track car and not worry about how stiffly it would ride.

Perfect rally height
    its good for offroading. I went on some local forest service roads the other day and our car kicks ass on dirt roads. I scraped like twice but it would have been waaayyy more if I was lower. I actually passed some fool in a truck on some turns, the fool got pissed though and womped my ass with mud once the road got rocky and he caught up to me. but anyways go drive on some dirt roads and you'll have another respect for the car

I was thinking about how many more lowered cars I saw in Arizona and California than I do back in DC, and I couldn't help but notice how the roads aren't as beat to shit in sunny climates.

If I lived somewhere that's perpetually warm, I'd consider a drop. Otherwise, with the way ice breaks pavement, I'll stick with stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information