Close

ephatch member

Question Subwoofer suggestions.

I've been out of the car audio thing for quite a while now. I was thinking about getting one JL Audio 10W3v2. I have a nice amp that is 300 RMS. My brother has a JL 10W0 in his eclipse with about 125 watts and it sounds pretty good. Just wondering what I would be gaining with my extra power and by going to the W3v2 over just a regular W0. I really dont want to get a 12" just so I can save some room. Are there any other 10" sub that are in the price range of the W3 that would be comparable or maybe better? I'm open to suggestion. I am looking for quality of bass versus quantity. I definitely want it to thump decent, but nothing over the top. Also, I listen to pretty much all kinds of music. Thanks.
    Last edited by 03NighthawkSi; 04-02-2004 at 04:23 PM.

IMO... I suggest 2 10" Alpine TypeR in a sealed box, for clean thump. That's the setup I have running off a Alpine V12 AccuClass-D Mono Amplifier Sub Model #MRD-M300. and I still have half my hatch space!

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar
    When it comes to subs, just get one... unless you want to go to some competition and put in a bunch.. that is too expensive. Save room, get a good sounding 10" and you will be satifisfied. Clean bass instead of distortion around your car and a ratteling trunk sux. But hey! Some people like to make it sound so crappy and be heard a few blocks away... thats okay. But you will lose cool points in my book :-)

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    with only 300w, you should stick to only 1 sub, you most likely will be underpowering the subs if you run 2 quality subs. for around 300w, i would recommend the elemental designs e10o subwoofer. they're priced really low for what you get and its an outstanding woofer. http://edesignaudio.com/ep2/10o.htm

ephatch member
    I guess I should have mentioned this above. But my amp is 300RMS @ 4 ohms. But it is 2 Ohm mono stable. If I wanted to run it that way.

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    the e10o comes dual 4 ohm or single 4 ohm so your amp is covered ;)

I would also suggest taking a look at the Elemental Design subwoofers. I never knew anything about them until reading a couple of posts on here. The prices are good and the sound is simply amazing. Excellent subwoofers.

ephatch member
    Adira Shiva from what I heard is a good sub for that price range, personally I would spend the little extra and get the Brahma. Elemental Design from what I have heard is also an excellent choice in subs as well

Here is a link to the Adire Shiva if your interested.

http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_aud...vers/shiva.htm

Thread Information