Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shift light

The Pivot shift light is nice and small. Has controls for brightness and rpm settings. I faced the LED module so that I don't get blinded. It flashes a bright white. It just plugs into the cig lighter so install is very easy. I have some vids of it in action but need a host if anyone is interested.

yeah im interested, and if u can show links wher i might be able to buy it also, btw im not here to look cool witha shift light, if i had a choice i wouldnt get one, but i need one bad, because i had toppin off =/

Heres my razo...kinda dark pic...the shift light is up on the right side...

Originally posted by 4g63dsm
    3 of my friends including dc5-k20a3 have shift lights which you don't have to tap any wires.
    Hmm...how is that these type of lights know what RPM your engine is at? That would be cool if you don't have to tap any wires but how exactly does it work?

Thanks!

i think it has to do with the electrical current???? i'm really not sure, but yes there is basically no install it really is "plug and play" However all of my friends cut off the 12v adapter part and just tapped it in to the power for the cigarette lighter. It just looks cleaner that way plus you have acecss to the 12v power.

they sense the engine speed through the electrical system's fluctuations. That's why they only need to be plugged into the cigg lighter, not the RPM signal wire.

Wow! Neat stuff! Never would have thought that.

Thanks for the info

I installed a Rev-Lite shift light by T-Sport. It uses 6 LEDs that span a rev range of 1000 rpms, 4 red, one yellow, and one green. Each light comes on 200 rpm after the previous, I set mine so the green light comes on at 8300 rpm. After I dyno my engine I'll set it to the actual hp peak. This light gives a visual clue when you are approaching your shift point, F1 style. It uses the usual three wire hookup, key-on power, ground, and tach signal. I mounted it above the steering column using a plastic riser. LTBMotorsports.com has them. The LEDs are somewhat bright, I'm going to cover them with tinted plastic. Here it is installed with an intentionally low activation for photo purposes.

are these razo shift light pretty accurate?

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Well, this was my next project. I have some plans as to where it'll be hidden ;)

I'll post up pics once it gets done (in the next few months).:(
    Mel

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    3 of my friends including dc5-k20a3 have shift lights which you don't have to tap any wires. "please for the sake of others" don't give out false claims you faggot.
    was or is there any need for ignorant talk like this? People like you get beat up all the time for saying the wrong thing to a particular person...just a little life lesson....:angel:

back to tachometers.....

every tachometer install i a have done we have tapped into the rpm signal itself, i do not get where the "fluctuation" in the signal is coming from? ibviously you have to tap into some sort if wire....and i am talking about most tachometers, not just the RAZZO.

so for others sake, can anyone explain what you do to install a shift light. Or better yet, explain in detail how the shift light mesures the rpm signal through a "signal fluctuation"....I am being serious.;)
    Last edited by Siman; 04-07-2004 at 08:51 AM.

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    i think it has to do with the electrical current???? i'm really not sure, but yes there is basically no install it really is "plug and play" However all of my friends cut off the 12v adapter part and just tapped it in to the power for the cigarette lighter. It just looks cleaner that way plus you have acecss to the 12v power.
    so you really dont know what your talking about eh? do me and favor, perhaps, do us all a favor and just ask questions....you may learn a little more that way.....

i recently read an install article on the RAZZO unit and it wasnt just plug and play...it was more so than just that....i will find it for you guys...;)

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail....ZO_SHIFT_LIGHT

there you go, step by step install guide....

oh, and I was right after all..

" 8. For the rpm wire...splice it into the blue wire on the far left ecu connector." looks as though you tap into the rpm signal also...

i rest my case...

Last edited by 4g63dsm; 04-07-2004 at 12:15 PM.

Go to raptorperformance.com
    The shiftlights range from $85-110
    I have the one with a silver housing and red LEDs, its pretty easy to use

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information