Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stock is 7-8 seconds.
    Tuning helps a lot with any boost application, so you can always squeeze a little more out with a personal tune. But no way will it match a turbo's power. As for it being the same price... nah..
    JR = 25-2600.
    Greddy kit = 24-600. Who the fuck wants to run a turbo without an intercooler? Even then, it's almost the same power between the two.

Plus, Honda engines suck for boost. Relatively high compression (I feel for the type s/type r motor crowd), and our open deck construction is horrid for high hp cars. But all it needs is some block work and it's golden. But definitely meant for N/A. Some motors are just made for boost, some aren't. That's why I'm on the edge of my seat like it's a soap opera to see what happens NEXT year to the cars running 10+ psi on stockie internals. I wouldn't go above 8 psi, but I'm more for reliability than speed. I prefer the sc because if you're going to turbo, go big or go home.

There's a base rsx with the jrsc-r kit and he's making 230 whp and 171 ft/lb tq. I'd be happy with 215 out of the street (with race header and extensive kpro tuning). JR shows a dyno of what, 209 with the race header? Very streetable car.
    Last edited by RMC22; 05-22-2004 at 10:31 PM.

Thread Information