Close

Comptech Mid pipe....

Well, I decided to try using my stock muffler with the comptech mid pipe I wanted to look and sound stock...it works great! I don't feel any restriction that is noticeable....like if I used the stock mid pipe with the stock muffler.

It sounds so quiet now, I love it. So am I crazy or what?
    I can hear the jrsc really good now. I also like it this way so I can hear if I get any pinging at all

I wonder if anyone wants a comptech muffler with no flange :D
    ...they put it in a box for me...took them like 10 minutes to put the stock muffler on. I just had them cut after the comptech flange on the muffler then weld the stock one on...that way I can still unbolt the muffler.

interesting. so how much was the fabrication to weld the comptech's flange to the stock muffler? is it still louder than stock? i still love my comptech cat-back, but can see the reasoning behind wanting a stock look/sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious G
    interesting. so how much was the fabrication to weld the comptech's flange to the stock muffler? is it still louder than stock? i still love my comptech cat-back, but can see the reasoning behind wanting a stock look/sound.

All I had them do, is cut the pipe on the comptech muffler about an 3 inches away from the flange that meets the midpipe.

Then they cut the flange off the stock one, and welded it on to the existing flange on the midpipe...took about 10 minutes, so not much fabrication at all.

As for louder than stock, maybe a tad, but nothing noticeable.

Yeah, the comptech is awsome though, the sound is so great with the whole setup, I was listening to the car as they pulled it into the garage before working on it, I thought, damn it sounds so good, should I do this? But I decided to go through with it. For long trips and all, it will end up being better, and it's kind of nice for a sleeper look :D

Hell yeah. I hate the annoying buzz of loud mufflers, especially on 4-bangers :D I've had my T1R B-pipe on a CTR muffler (Looks identicle to my Si muffler...got a complete CTR exhaust system for free ;) ) and DC Race Header and it sounds sweet. No annoying buzz but louder than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT
    Hell yeah. I hate the annoying buzz of loud mufflers, especially on 4-bangers :D I've had my T1R B-pipe on a CTR muffler (Looks identicle to my Si muffler...got a complete CTR exhaust system for free ;) ) and DC Race Header and it sounds sweet. No annoying buzz but louder than stock.
    the comptech was never really loud...not from the outside. It's just that at speeds from 70 and up on long drives, the deep tone was somewhat bothersome.

I'm not sure if Comptech uses a different muffler on their EP system as compared to their DC5 system...but their DC5 exhaust is LLLOOUUDD! I wish I would drove in siep's car when he still had his Comptech system just to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT
    I'm not sure if Comptech uses a different muffler on their EP system as compared to their DC5 system...but their DC5 exhaust is LLLOOUUDD! I wish I would drove in siep's car when he still had his Comptech system just to hear it.
    i'll admit it can get loud. conversations in my car are momentarily put on hold as i'm going through the gears. but it's magically stock-like quiet at constant throttle under 3,500 rpm. but between 3,500-4,000, it's gets a droning sound that i'll have to get the silencer tip to quell for long trips.

otherwise, i think the sound is aggresively deep. i love tripping car alarms when driving through my apt. complex. :angelm:

so is that other half of the exauhst for sale? :D

nice i like it...

Thread Information