Close

A present from my EP3

Driving home on wednesday, I am doing ym regular 80 mph, and the my a/c conks out, I am like WTF. I look at my temp gauge, and it is all the way up. I pulled over, the engine stalled, steam coming out from under the hood. I look, and there is a 3 inch big ass construction screw imbedded into the radiator up to the head. It literally punched a hole in the radiator's exposed passenger side under the bumper, but mysteriously missed the A/c core. I called the local Honda dealer (I am about 45 miles from Home) they give me BS how this is a rare UK built Civic and they would not be able to get the part in until after the weekend, and it will cost about $600 installed. I stopped by a private shop in the area, they would not be able to get the part until Friday, $400 installed. Mind it I have to drive 400 miles on thursday for a job interview on friday. I was ready to get a rental and leave the car at the independant shop. Then I remember that Fair Honda sells parts on the web, called them up, they promised one delivered next day for $209.

Thursday morning, after anxiously waiting for the Honda delivery van, I installed the radiator, and was on my way. For a new car I spent alot lately, $200 for radiator, $300 for new tires (Potenza 950), $230 for new brakes (EBC slotted rotors and Green stuff pads). That $700 could have been a nice downpayment on a TSX, khe khe khe

what happened to the warrentte

"What redline?"......DOH! I SELL HONDAS's Avatar

warranty

warranties do not cover road hazard. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by civicSIracer
    what happened to the warrentte
    yeap, warrantees only cover manufacturer's defects. A bolt flying through the radiator is not Honda's fault.
    Now, it it flew off a truck or another car, then their insurance would have paid, after a long court battle

that sucks! I've been lucky so far and my little mishaps haven't taken my car off the road

The thread title should read, "A present from a dumbass construction crew that can't keep accountability of their 3-inch screws".

Well, something shorter, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi
    The thread title should read, "A present from a dumbass construction crew that can't keep accountability of their 3-inch screws".

Well, something shorter, anyway!

I like that!!!!! LOL

Looks like you got lucky a little with it not hitting the AC or going into the head. You must have had the tunes going not to hear that.

Thread Information