Close

ephatch member

question need answers

ok, heres a problem that i need to kno if someone can help me w/
    is there anyway i could frankenstein a rsx-type s head on to our si block, and if so expl... anotther quest. is there any way we can extend our redline sayyy 7/7.5 rpms...

MoDs

wOuLdN't U lIkE 2 kNoW

ummm

i wouldn't bother with such a swap... the only thing that the k20A head will do is a slight change in compression ratio also the civic si has a completely different i-vtec system, so changing the head would not make a dramatic difference. The only reason you should swap the head is if you are going to go turbo in the near future....

ssvr6
    What does the head have to do with running a turbo?

Steve

The only way you can extend your redline right now, (put aside Hondata), is if you run an SDS, AEM EMS, ELECTORMOTIVE, HALTECH, stand alone ecu systems, fully user programable/tunable. IMO - or just wait for hondata to release their reflash for our kseries . --joe:)
    Last edited by 02blksi; 11-02-2002 at 09:42 AM.

you want to raise ur redline to 7? from 6.8? hmm

ECU tuning systems - on the fly

Originally posted by 02blksi
    The only way you can extend your redline right now, (put aside Hondata), is if you run an SDS, AEM EMS, ELECTORMOTIVE, HALTECH, stand alone ecu systems, fully user programable/tunable. IMO - or just wait for hondata to release their reflash for our kseries . --joe:)

Wait, so, the systems you mentioned will work on our car? What kind of cost is involved? Can i seriously plop my laptop down in the passenger seat and tweak that shit live?

All of the systems are stand alone ecu's with full user programability. ITs not really a plug and play issue. It can be done! some wiring needed. But it will take some time and money, but what doesnt. --Joe

edit : yes you really buckle in your laptop in your passenger seat and start "tweaking the shit out of it" :)

Thread Information