Close

Warranty and mods

I'm planning on taking my car to the dealership to have them look at my transmission and I have both a Nuespeed SS and Aluminum shifter bushings installed. My question is should I remove these things before i take it in to have it serviced? I'm worried that if they see it they will try to blame the damage on the aftermarket parts. I have 31,000 on car and want to give it one last try before my warranty is up. Is it worth going to the trouble to remove the SS and bushings?

the dealership has to prove that whatever is wrong with ur car was caused by the aftermarket parts. if they cant prove it, then ur straight. thats what i was told by my boy that works for balise honda where i bought my car.

Thats what i was thinking because I've experienced the problem BEFORE the mods... any other opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by whtep19
    Thats what i was thinking because I've experienced the problem BEFORE the mods... any other opinions?
    dont mention anything about the SS or the Bushings...if your worried...just take the SS out...most likely they wont notice that the bushings are different unless they remove the whole shift console out...which is unlikely...

Ya thats what I was thinking also...Removing the SS will be a pain, but not as bad as it would be to take out to bushings which made no improvement btw..I just don't want to get fucked on the 5k left on my warranty

Yeah, I'd reccomend to take out the short shifter...don't worry about the bushings. They will try to blame it on the ss if you leave it in.
    The Original Noob with Boobs

I should mention this is the second time I've taken the car in to have it looked at for tranny probs, also I have my oil changes done there regulary so they already kno that I mod my car.Besides the mods I've mentioned I also have suspension, intake, and exhaust so they may already have preconcieved notions that I race and beat my car..So It may just be a matter of catching them in a good mood or not who knows

Thread Information