Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wear and tear in strut tower with ETD

Went to the honda tech meet last weekend and got talking with a EP owner about his ETD. He stated it loved it and it was one of the best mods he did. I want to get a wing bad since I still have the OEM small one but if I have a deal comes together with a tractor I want to buy cash will get a little short for a wing but I might be able to get the ETD instead.

When I look at the ETD I am wondering what stress it puts on the strut tower. I like the idea of it but I do not want to tear up something long term in my EP that can not be replaced.

It doesnt put any stress on the strut tower really, most if not all the stress is taken up by the mini strut on the ETD.

Thanks, just was always wondered about that.

I agree, no damage on the tower itself at all. I've had my J's Engine Torque Damper for over 8 months. Tower looks good as new!

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    As long as your strut and ETD are bolted on properly, any forces transmitted through the ETD will act on the sheet metal of the car's body, not the strut.

Its a lot of stress but I havnt heard of any problems from it. I'm about to install it myself after finals.

quick question though for those who have it and have a strut bar. Does the strut bar go OVER the damper or damper over the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Danman281 View Post
    Its a lot of stress but I havnt heard of any problems from it. I'm about to install it myself after finals.

quick question though for those who have it and have a strut bar. Does the strut bar go OVER the damper or damper over the bar?
    i would suggest placing the plate for the ETD on first, then the strut bar. also make sure u use sum rubber washers/o rings inbetween the tower and the plate, to suck away some vibes, etd's add a good amount of vibration to the cabin, esp at idle.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    i would suggest placing the plate for the ETD on first, then the strut bar. also make sure u use sum rubber washers/o rings inbetween the tower and the plate, to suck away some vibes, etd's add a good amount of vibration to the cabin, esp at idle.
    Those rubber washers will allow the ETD bracket to move slightly, which counteracts the purpose of the ETD - to keep the engine still.

Or you could just get esmm and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Danman281 View Post

I would suggest the strutbar flange be flush/w the strut tower, not 1/2 on the tower and 1/2 on the brace.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    Those rubber washers will allow the ETD bracket to move slightly, which counteracts the purpose of the ETD - to keep the engine still.
    not if it is properly tightened.

i'm planning on getting one soon, any sujestions on which one?

Quote Originally Posted by SPAM&RICE View Post
    I would suggest the strutbar flange be flush/w the strut tower, not 1/2 on the tower and 1/2 on the brace.
    ingalls says to put the strut tower bar ontop of the etd mount. but they may be wrong.....

Well I think I am going to get one. Just wondering who sells them at the best price? I am kind a shocked a lot of the vendors do not carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by siver-SI View Post
    Well I think I am going to get one. Just wondering who sells them at the best price? I am kind a shocked a lot of the vendors do not carry them.
    got mine at crsx for like 150 free ship. Thats around the best prices Ive seen when I shopped for one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information