Close

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    So anyone want to confirm that the under dash fuse panel for Canada (SiR) is different then the Si? I'm still trying to find a canadian service manual.

I tried splicing 4 wires to find out none of them were 12Vs. I eventually found the correct harness for the dome light but it wasn't anything like what the service manual says. Connector O - Pin 7 (GRN/RED).

kp

So i took the easy way out.

1) Took out the dome light. (Held in by 2 screws)
    2) Soldered the power and ground wires onto the switch
    3) Ran the power/ground wires under the headliner, down the driver side pillar and under the dash to behind the center console
    4) attached the 2 led strips i got from ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    5) added 2 prong connectors as quick connects and 3A fuses just in case
    6) mounted them under the dash with those sticky bathroom hooks

I'll have pics soon..still fascinated by the fact i couldn't find the right wire in the multiplex unit...but this solution actually takes under 5mins to install as well.

Cost: 2x24cm LED strips 6$, 3 sets of 2 prong connectors (3 for 1$), Wire free, 4 bathroom hooks (4 for 1$), 2 3A fuses (0.25$ each)

Total cost: ~8.50$

I saw that SSR was selling a kit as well so i'll take a look at that set when i get a chance.

kp

just a small fyi...pep boys sells small led lights (3 led's per package) but i think the only colors available are red & blue. each led already has an attached resistor, so they last pretty well. has directions too for hole drill size so that they pop right in.

Green footwell lighting? JDM or not I dont think anyone should put that in their car unless it came with it... I can just imagine people screaming rice when they see it.. id make it white.
    Last edited by xplicitACTS; 10-31-2008 at 12:56 AM.

Amber looks really good. It closely matches the dash and instrument panels.

might have been asked already, but if you flip your dome light switch to the ON position do they come on? or only when the door is opened or closed? I'm getting ready to do this with white LED's. just wondering before hand, if they can be controlled by the dome switches on/door/off. any response is appreciated. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    might have been asked already, but if you flip your dome light switch to the ON position do they come on? or only when the door is opened or closed? I'm getting ready to do this with white LED's. just wondering before hand, if they can be controlled by the dome switches on/door/off. any response is appreciated. thanks.
    No they can't. The switch only works for that specific light. Note there is one switch for the front and one for the back.

Tread was super helpful, just put in my white LEDs for the floor. My floor lights come on exactly when the center dome light comes on. you unlock the car they are on and don't fade until you lock the car or start the engine. and when you flip the center switch to the ON position they come on. i went through the dome light down the drivers pillar to the center console. in the dome light, i hooked the negative wire to the incoming center light prong. and hooked the positive wire to the incoming side-tap bulb prong. this puts it in parallel rather than series. it can get confusing because you can have your wires in the right spot but just have your neg. and positive switched, because LEDs are a basic diode and only work one direction. but anyways this thread helped me out a lot, thanks guys!

ohh and because its in the same circuit as the original dome light the standard fuse for that should suffice, no need of and extra fuse... so far, will let know if it draws too much. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Tread was super helpful, just put in my white LEDs for the floor. My floor lights come on exactly when the center dome light comes on. you unlock the car they are on and don't fade until you lock the car or start the engine. and when you flip the center switch to the ON position they come on. i went through the dome light down the drivers pillar to the center console. in the dome light, i hooked the negative wire to the incoming center light prong. and hooked the positive wire to the incoming side-tap bulb prong. this puts it in parallel rather than series. it can get confusing because you can have your wires in the right spot but just have your neg. and positive switched, because LEDs are a basic diode and only work one direction. but anyways this thread helped me out a lot, thanks guys!

ohh and because its in the same circuit as the original dome light the standard fuse for that should suffice, no need of and extra fuse... so far, will let know if it draws too much. thanks
    So u didnt' follow the instructions posted? How did you wire it to work with the switch. pictures?

Work is pretty busy this month but, I'll work on going back and posting pictures. but in short you can make it work. its pretty sick. thread helped a lot when it came to brainstorming. i didn't use the original procedure at all. i saw questions about the whole ON switch thing, then saw a post about starting at the dome light itself. and figuring out how to make em work exactly like that little center bulb. took a while but completely worth it.
    Last edited by jeremy; 10-05-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: because

I'm sorry i should have taken pictures but it was late and i was ready to get it over with.

which red and green wire theres like 3 of them?

to riceler to me
    now in days they just to put jdm on the products so that people can buy them DON'T BE FOOLED! PEOPLE WATCH OUT!

bump for more pics!!
    And does anyone have a part # or anything online? where's everyone buying the green lights??

http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdmciep3inli.html

or fab something up like the rest of us did
    PSN: theehuggybear

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information