Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i was in my friends 92 ex and it had stock struts with 170k on it felt fine to me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by humpmasterflex View Post
    Here's the side pic... I just took it right now, so it's all sh1tty sorry, don't feel like running back down there again:

Here is front before drop:

and here is after:
    Now I'm itching to put my tein's in now. I didn't realize how big a difference it makes. But yeah, put the rear springs in too, it will look a lot better. I think my 05 will have even less wheel gap because I think the outer diameter of the stock 16" rims with 55 series tire is a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by silver hatch View Post
    Now I'm itching to put my tein's in now. I didn't realize how big a difference it makes. But yeah, put the rear springs in too, it will look a lot better. I think my 05 will have even less wheel gap because I think the outer diameter of the stock 16" rims with 55 series tire is a little bigger.
    Yeah, just snagged some Tein S-Techs from TunerzImage this morning. They had them for $165 w/free shipping. Hope they work well with 215/45/17s. Thanks for the pics hump.

Banned
    No problem man!

I think I'll put the rears on either today or tomorrow, and as far as tires go (rears are balding), what is the widest series tire I can fit on stock wheels?

215 or 205? Or am I stuck with 195?

205/55/15 fits fine. i cant find many tires in 215/55

Banned
    I think I'll put the rears on either today or tomorrow
    So how did the front install go? Any issues? I was thinking about doing it myself too and was wondering if you used a spring compressor and if you had any problems getting the tie rod ends out.

Banned
    So how did the front install go? Any issues? I was thinking about doing it myself too and was wondering if you used a spring compressor and if you had any problems getting the tie rod ends out.
    Everything went A-ok, excpet when the damn axle popped out!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46059

I actually didn't even know it was the axle that popped out until I made that desperate cry for help on this site. So I ended up trying to pop the axle back in for a good hour and a half or so! Other than that.... it was a-ok.

Especially considering I never did such a thing before, I'm a complete noob to any kind of installs. Doing my own Oil and changing my own brakes was about it when it come to my DIY abilities.... but I finally lost my suspension virginity!

Banned
    Everything went A-ok, excpet when the damn axle popped out!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46059

I actually didn't even know it was the axle that popped out until I made that desperate cry for help on this site. So I ended up trying to pop the axle back in for a good hour and a half or so! Other than that.... it was a-ok.

Especially considering I never did such a thing before, I'm a complete noob to any kind of installs. Doing my own Oil and changing my own brakes was about it when it come to my DIY abilities.... but I finally lost my suspension virginity!
    That's one reason why I'm hesitant to try it myself. My luck, I'll probably forget to support the disk and the axle will pop out on me too lol. Glad to hear that you got the worst part done first. I hear the rear should be easy.

LOL...so I see you've already beat me to it.
    I'm not a big fan of "raked" suspensions, but I'm curious how your ep looks like that. Can you post a pic?

I am running 1" drop in fron w/UKDM spring and stock in back on 225/45/17.

It is 2 fingers in front and 3 in back. Hardly noticeable IMO except when really looking close. Seems the ep body lines blend in nicely at the slight angle. I will try to borrow a camera and get some pics posted soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trickkykidd.02 View Post

It is 2 fingers in front and 3 in back. Hardly noticeable IMO except when really looking close. Seems the ep body lines blend in nicely at the slight angle. I will try to borrow a camera and get some pics posted soon.
    Ok, cool man. I think ctr springs lower our cars like .6" lower than our stock springs. Don't quote me on that though. So I guess you'd be about a 1/2" lower in the front if my calculations are correct.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trickkykidd.02 View Post

Well on my 02 EP it's more like 2 fingers in the front after the drop

and a full hand (5 fingers) stock in the back!

Banned
    Well on my 02 EP it's more like 2 fingers in the front after the drop

and a full hand (5 fingers) stock in the back!
    stock height ftl!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information