Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITR Brembo swap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ITR Brembo swap

Sorry guys have to ask since all the info is gone.

the ITR Brembo swap on our Ep does it require spacers?

I know I have to get ITR front sway and 17 but how about spacers for the offset?

Found out
    350 Z Sport Brembo Pads work for the fronts / Type S pads for the rear.

Continuing the search

Found out

60mm Offset needed for Rim @ 17 inch diameter min

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrous View Post
    Found out

60mm Offset needed for Rim @ 17 inch diameter min
    i was under the impression that the ITR wheels were like a 35mm offset or something...is the 60mm just to keep the wheel inside the wheel well?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

I've been trying to do this project for so long!
    I have a set of ITR wheels + the Brembo set up just sitting in my basement.
    I'm missing A arms, axles, sway(f), tie rod ends, and front + rear suspension.
    but i did come to a conclusion with using Type S parts. Cuz in Europe the ITR runs the K20A2, which means it uses the same axles and sway bar as our Type S so you can use those parts & whatever else to make this set up work, someone on Honda-tech did it and it worked. Also there's some kind of valve (forgot the name) that you don't need to change cuz the ITR shares the same one as the EP3. ppv valve? proportioning valve? something like that.
    I am almost ready to fuck this project an move on. cuz once you have the set up, where do you buy rotors from? Ain't gonna be cheap.

DBA sells the rotors. They have multiple versions for different applications. They are a bit pricey but not ridiculous.

shit
    i just noticed the ABS cable was cut and a wheel stud fell out both on the same side.
    this was off too a good start and now, shit.

I have no sources to parts directly from Japan. I usually just try to find a comparable part available on the US market and get that.

Shouldn't the ABS sensors be the same? I did a visual comparison because my ABS sensors and ebrake cables were cut on my swap and they looked the same.

I also tested the HFP rear shocks on the ITR rear trailing arms and the gap isn't that bad. One decent stainless steel washer on each side and a good job clocking and it should be fine.

Have you tried the front yet? Will the Honda shocks bolt up fine?

Wheel studs should be stock Honda. A quick trip to the dealer should remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by mage182 View Post
    I have no sources to parts directly from Japan. I usually just try to find a comparable part available on the US market and get that.

Shouldn't the ABS sensors be the same? I did a visual comparison because my ABS sensors and ebrake cables were cut on my swap and they looked the same.

I also tested the HFP rear shocks on the ITR rear trailing arms and the gap isn't that bad. One decent stainless steel washer on each side and a good job clocking and it should be fine.

Have you tried the front yet? Will the Honda shocks bolt up fine?

Wheel studs should be stock Honda. A quick trip to the dealer should remedy that.
    i havent tried the front, i lack the necessary parts, plus i gotta remove the dust shield that thing is all bent up.
    the sensor is cut right where the clip is suppose to be. guess i can splice my stock one. i really don't wanna do that.
    Washers seem unsafe, so im just gonna buy type S shocks. do you know if my ep progress springs would fit on type s shocks?

these are my brembo calipers the left one is missing what the right one has, not sure what its called.
    does anyone know if that piece is important?

definitely type-s tie-rods and axles. ep3 top hat on that strut will probably work, it's worth a try. I can't imagine them being that different.

re: the missing piece, I think that's what keeps the pads in place. if it were me I'd wait on buying a type-s sway until I was positive that I needed it (running w/out a front sway isn't a big deal) -- ie once I was positive the ep3 one doesn't work

Thanks dude.
    I gotta do this whole swap in one day tho. I only get one day off a week an i don't have another car or other transport.
    public transit couldn't take me where i work without having to walk a few miles. so its all or nothin
    but on the plus side all i need are the front control arms an i can set a day for this project.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    Ran into a snag. The brass piece that you see on the right caliper is missing from the left. So i went to a Nissan dealer an ordered that part. I tried putting it on last night an it's too big, an the pins it came with are too long. Thus wrong part. Now idk if there's different generation Brembo calipers on the 350z, but these calipers might not be compatible with any of them. If not, where can i find this part?

You don't think almost $500 for 2 front rotors isn't ridiculous?
    Oh and the Valve thing i was looking for was called PCV valve.
    EP3 & ITR have the same and dont need to be changed.
    Last edited by spartan; 06-02-2010 at 06:28 PM.

I've had my EP3 for 4 years now. I replaced the front rotors and pads when I got it and have only put one pair of pads on since then. So the DBA rotors should last me quite a bit of time. Plus if you consider what I paid for everything, (DC5R full suspension swap with wheels - $2400, powdercoat wheels - $350, new tires - $400, misc suspension maintenance parts for install since I'm at 100k - $400) another ~$400 bucks for rotors is just a drop in the bucket.

If you compare the prices from DBA to Honda, Mugen, or projectmu solutions, it becomes clear that it's the lowest price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information