Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ephatch member
    i got my ep3 for 6300

120k miles

The A55M4Ns in town! skoundrelusa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boyurlazy View Post
    all of the problems are being fixed at the mechanics...so it s/be all good when i get it back besides the the E on the gas gauge ;)
    So all the fuel problems and headlight/cluster wiring will be fixed? I'll still come check it out one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    I think you can do better than $11,900 on that car. I realize the blue book is $12,550, but I would try to offer something lower than $11,900. Worst they could say is no, right?
    True

Quote Originally Posted by markep3 View Post
    you want an ep3? i got one for you right now 12500 for a 2003 with 25000 miles on it and well maintained. gotta get a tranny flush and stuff like that cuz its 5 years old. has a few dings and paint chips from usual road driving modified intake and thats it.
    I think Harrisburg is too far for me to travel, I'm in the NYC area

Quote Originally Posted by RS_man View Post
    My best advice... get something else. This is a decent car but it is lacking in so many areas. Most people spend their time/money getting this car up to what is should be and I feel that it is a waste. Get a car that doesnt weight 3670lbs and isnt underpowered. If you want honda get an EK, If you arent afraid of Euro cars get a golf or GTI. For 9k you could have a mid 90's GTI with a ton of mods that an EP couldn't touch. So, I advise you, please consider your other options before making a decision. Dont get me wrong I love my EP and got it mainly due to it being a honda and having decent looks. Best of luck to you, whichever decision you decide to make. :thumb:
    I will never again own a VW lol. I'm basically looking for a car thats reliable, not Civic CX slow, hatch (for my bike), and won't get stolen. I already have/had an EG, so I don't want to get a EK because it doesn't fit my not stolen category

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoundrelusa View Post
    So all the fuel problems and headlight/cluster wiring will be fixed? I'll still come check it out one of these days
    Headlight and cluster wiring were all fixed. The fuel gauge is at E, which is the only problem. Car is in the shop because of the CEL which is saying the heater circuit on the front O2 sensor is out. Mechanic want to be thorough so they are checking the wiring instead of just replacing the O2 sensor. Basically everything on the car will be fixed except for the gas gauge.

Holy moly! 135,000 miles in a 2003?!?!

Like everyone else has said, lower the price or find another car.

How bout this guys? Too good to be true? Yeah its a little riced out IMO. But the price seems way too low for an 05 with like 13k miles? (but says 25k on the windshield)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=13

Quote Originally Posted by itchy5 View Post
    carfax history report is a waste of money. My report on the EP i bought in April said it was free from accidents, etc. turned out it was in an accident at some point with the bumper and hood replaced..
    It only works on accidents that were reported, My friend basically totalled his last car driving drunk. He hit a tree, but with noone else involved it never got reported. Also his dad was a mechanic/body guy so they fixed it and sold it with out telling anyone.

How bout this guys? Too good to be true? Yeah its a little riced out IMO. But the price seems way too low for an 05 with like 13k miles? (but says 25k on the windshield)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=13
    Its just the kit thats kinda ugly, but id rock that the way it is, id prolly add some black rims instead though

Quote Originally Posted by dashehonda View Post
    Its just the kit thats kinda ugly, but id rock that the way it is, id prolly add some black rims instead though
    But don't you think the price is still pretty low? $10,XXX for an 05 with 13-25 miles. For a dealership. I'm probably gonna go check it out on Sunday. See if theres anything fishy

But don't you think the price is still pretty low? $10,XXX for an 05 with 13-25 miles. For a dealership. I'm probably gonna go check it out on Sunday. See if theres anything fishy
    I would check it out extensively, if the dealer pulls the usual "well its been modified, so we arent gonna care about it, good luck, no warranty at all.....Blah blah blah" take it to someone who knows what they are doing, that doesnt care about money so much as a safe reliable car

I got my Nighthawk Black Pearl '03 with 60k miles on it for 9500. Thats just for another point of reference. The car had a CEL for o2 censor and a minor ding (about an average index finger size) in the fender, other than that it is perfect. Hold out for a good deal if you can.

yeah definitly a pretty good deal, i baught my TW last year for 9,500 with a 3 yr warranty and 86K on it. Never modded, never wrecked, and the only thing ive found wrong which was a couple months after i baught it was a ding in the driver side door.

this is hella cheap compared to an ep3 out here in cali damn!

man did i get stroked on my purchase???

05 taffy with all the HFP goodies, super minor scrap in front bumper lip, 55k fro $12k??????

ephatch member
    I got a black '02 with 135k miles. Got it for $12900 in 2004 w/54k. Now its 2008 only things I've had to change the Cat, sparkplugs(ngk please), coolant flush, tranny flush, one axle. The car is still stock engine wise, and I feel it will last along time. None of the jobs cost more than $150. I search patiently for parts. Got the cat for $80, axles for $100, install was like $50 for each.

I get the occasional 2 gear grind, but its not really a problem at all... I've never worried.

I did alot highway miles on this with its fair amount of city driving in the northeast. Eastcoast are different then the westcoast.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information