Close

Cracking Weather Stip Piece

Anyone else have this problem?

really ticks me off. Has anyone done anything to fix it/paint? How would i remove this to paint/powdercoat? Thanks

Nothing so far on my ep3, but it's happened to every Civic I've owned.

I have the same problem with mine. Had a body shop quote me on replacements and it was like $100 each side. lol, I painted over mine with some left over black duplicolor caliper paint, looks better than it used to.

your ebrake makes it look like you have a boner in the first pic. just sayin
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    your ebrake makes it look like you have a boner in the first pic. Just sayin
    hahahahahahahaha
    Ed~

Its paint on top of stainless steel(?), its going to crack and flake off eventually. All Civics have been this way. Only thing you can do is replace them with new ones or sand it down and try to do a better job of painting them than Honda did. FWIW your car is, what, atleast 5 years old? So if you were to redo them properly it should last another 5 years pending wear and tear.

also, lol @ ebrake comment.

ahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by rallyp3 View Post
    Its paint on top of stainless steel(?), its going to crack and flake off eventually. All Civics have been this way. Only thing you can do is replace them with new ones or sand it down and try to do a better job of painting them than Honda did. FWIW your car is, what, atleast 5 years old? So if you were to redo them properly it should last another 5 years pending wear and tear.

also, lol @ ebrake comment.
    yea, 7 years old. I just seems like honda wasn't smart with the material, I am thinking sanding/painting/sealing will last many times longer. Anyone know how to remove them?

spread the word to the ladies ha

I have the exact same problem, and i bought the parts to replace it and got them damaged from shipping, thanks UPS! So now i'm waiting again to get these so i can get rid of this annoying eyesore.
    Anyways the part number for these is 72410-S5S-E01 Molding Assy., R. FR. Door $40.03 72450-S5S-E01 Molding Assy., L. FR. Door $39.22. I ordered them from www.hondapartsnow.com you will get charged tax and some shipping but it's still a decent price. You can check at your local dealer and they might have them in stock, or they'll order them for you, find out. If you download that service manual on the forums you can see how to do it yourself. On page 664 it shows how to do it, but from the looks of it you'll have to remove the door panels... So yeah, hope that helps. I thought of painting it too but i'm too anal, and i'd rather just replace the part.

Oh yeah nice boner.

Thread Information