Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Paint

New Paint

So, getting the car repainted. Not going to have them do the under/inside of anything, just want the outside of the car to look a different color. The guy estimated $2800, and that's with a final buffing and polishing.

reasonable?

Now as far as the paint goes, I'm getting a pearl green, Green With Envy, and I was going to keep the side skirts black as well as the HFP wing black, and paint the lower portion of the rear bumper flat black...now the guy has me wondering if I should do the skirts flat black as well...thoughts? He'd only charge $50 more to do both skirts.

I say one solid color. Green sounds good like as in a dark/British racing green. I just think you may regret going two tone... Thing a out the skirts and mirrors can always be pulled and sprayed later or you can plastisdip... I've never used it myself but have seen it all over the web and it looks ok. Same with rear bumper...

Price depends on quality of shop/paint/prep. It's about right for a full color change at respectable shop.

I have a color in mind for mine for next summer! Nothing too out of the box... But haven't seen ANY eps in this said color ; )

Good luck and post pics when done!

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    I say one solid color. Green sounds good like as in a dark/British racing green. I just think you may regret going two tone... Thing a out the skirts and mirrors can always be pulled and sprayed later or you can plastisdip... I've never used it myself but have seen it all over the web and it looks ok. Same with rear bumper...

Price depends on quality of shop/paint/prep. It's about right for a full color change at respectable shop.

I have a color in mind for mine for next summer! Nothing too out of the box... But haven't seen ANY eps in this said color ; )

Good luck and post pics when done!
    It's not two-tone, unless you consider painting that little under portion of the rear bumper a black vs green two-tone. The skirts and Wing aren't technically a body panel, and I've seen what it looks like, so I know what I'm getting into. Plus the HFP wing I am putting on is brand new...would be silly to repaint it.

i'd say all one colour. you can always plasti dip the parts you want black, and peel off down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    i'd say all one colour. you can always plasti dip the parts you want black, and peel off down the road.
    Well, I'm doing it this way...I'm not asking if it should be one color or not, I'm asking if I should do the skirts flat black.

Lower portion of the rear bumper (diffuser) black looks cool, but not black side skirts. Maybe black roof.

Do the skirts the same color...it'll look weird/cheap if you don't. x2 on the black roof though

maybe you guys can't visualize it? Same color black and green go well together. Don't mean to be a jerk, but no one has really been helpful here. I would think people would be against the panda look of a black roof on a non-black car...? Anyway, I suppose I'll have to just play with photoshop because no one has an opinion on gloss black skirts vs flat black.

What about mirrors? Black or green? Wont cost me any more to do them.

Photoshop a picture for me because I am not liking what I'm visualizing.

Black mirrors would look good. Here's what I'm picturing when I read what you said about the sideskirts:

Quote Originally Posted by JJay. View Post
    Photoshop a picture for me because I am not liking what I'm visualizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 303EP View Post
    Black mirrors would look good. Here's what I'm picturing when I read what you said about the sideskirts:

That's not exactly the best light for that shot, plus, from what I see, the green I want will be brighter, so the contrast will look better.

I kinda agree with the mirrors, and actually, i think it'd look good with green or black mirrors. Still, there's no decent paint preview software, unless someone wants to photoshop something for me.

I tried to match the paint as close as I could in just a couple minutes. I didn't want to spend too much time on it. I made the side skirt brighter so you could see it too...

Quote Originally Posted by 303EP View Post
    I tried to match the paint as close as I could in just a couple minutes. I didn't want to spend too much time on it. I made the side skirt brighter so you could see it too...
    Actually, that's pretty awesome, thanks! Only wish he had a better angle, same headlights as me, a volvo lip and an HFP wing. Gives a good idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    Actually, that's pretty awesome, thanks! Only wish he had a better angle, same headlights as me, a volvo lip and an HFP wing. Gives a good idea though!
    I'm really bored at work so I took an old picture of my car and edited it for ya. Even has the volvo lip and HFP wing!

Everyone has their own taste, just do what you like. You might change your mind later and paint the whole car pink J/K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information