Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello

I have bought EP3, now going on three weeks, and well it's very "Riced" up & beat down.

I would like to start a thread were I can document my Project-- Although the start date was pretty clear ( The day I purchased my EP3), there is no end date in sight.

I purchased to save money on gas, and as a project car on weekends, so I am in not hurry to finish, and I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard.

As you can tell by the title, I don't like a Riced up car, so I thought I would start this thread with a little humor.

Definition of RICER, as found in the Urban Dictionary
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

"ricer

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder ( CHECK)
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 ( Thank god the EP3 comes with a factory spoiler)
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool ( YEAH, I don't see any stickers... unless they were removed before I purchased the car)
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself ( Don't know the brand, but 18 inch rims.. a little too much for a ep3 in my opinion)
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower( CHECK), usually accented with chicken wire( CHECK)
    - Clear tail lights and corner signals ( I don't mind this)
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine) ( CHECK)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics( CHECK), Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
    Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers."

and a few things that are not on the list:
    -Remove spare tire (CHECK)
    -Remove Jack and tools( CHECK)
    -Remove Radiator Reservoir and place under passenger seat( CHECK)
    -Remove floor mats ( CHECK)
    -Mess up factory OEM Lights on an botched black out mod attempt ( CHECK)
    -Straight through exhaust with no flanges holding it in place.( CHECK)
    -Cut speaker wire, instead of removing it ( CHECK)
    -Dispose of Intake manifold cover ( CHECK)
    -Remove tail light nuts and not replace ( CHECK)
    -Strip out Rear strut nut to make it impossible to go back to stock springs without a significant investment ( CHECK)
    -Attach front bumper by slipping in screws in the OEM holes, without threading them in ( CHECK)
    -Slam the car to the ground, with SKunk2 rims, but don't invest in a camber kit ( CHECK)
    -Dispose of Rear trunk mat and support ( CHECK)
    -Fix scratches with Auto zone brand paint i( CHECK)

I am sure I will remember more, or find more items as I work my way along in the project, but I think this is a good start.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/gargola2000/DSC05376.jpg
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

Thread Information