Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Probably around $900 to fix said and done IMO, Good luck with the setup.

called moss today and talked to keith! awesome guy, he was originally born in my hometown here in CT... we talked for like 10 minutes.... to my surprise its only $375 to fix... he said all you need is a new cap cover.... he said he has one on the shelf from another guy who had the same problem... he never bought it though. keith said he would ship it out to me and all i have to do is unbolt the bolts that bolt the cover down and swap the new one in... he said it would be $575-$875 for a complete rebuild... i have to look the charger over to see if thats necessary... but he said if its only the cap its a super simple quick fix. i took madd notes while i was on the phone with him... im going to post them on the 1st page tomorrow. he said this has happend to about 4-5 other people that he knows of.

lucid moments had a thread on a fucked up supercharger and found a few companys that could rebuild them, i think he said something about one company having a "worst case scenario" costing 700 something and that included like a new case and everyting.

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    Im actually looking for some 310's. Im going to give it a try. Pm me if you want to sell.
    i'm leaving for italy this weekend, i get back august 17th, and i will be parting my car out, so if you want dibbs on the 310's i'll take care of it as soon as i get back

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    That charger looks like my old one. Who did you buy it from?
    he bought it from me, and i got it from this guy ron from south jersey, and supposedly i was the 3rd owner so that might be yours

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    damn that sucks...
    sucks for me i was about to sell it and it broke after i made the deal, so basically i lost the sale and the price i sold it for didn't cover the bill at the shop for the towing and replacing the intake manifold. and also now my car is slow again

Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post

he bought it from me, and i got it from this guy ron from south jersey, and supposedly i was the 3rd owner so that might be yours

I think that I installed that charger at one point when that Ron dude owned it, I am not totally sure though!

what a whore of a charger this is lol. its really not a bad deal at all. its only $400 shipped for a new cover and shaft... you unscrew the 8 bolts and bolt on the new one.... bingo bango.... the thermal layer really isnt scrapped up too bad on the blades.... honestly I'm thinking of just replacing the cap and calling it a day... im having my mechanic check it out completly tomorrow... ill update with more pictures tomorrow... maybe will be brave and take it a part to really see if theres any internal damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information