Close

midpipe/b pipe size options

would a NA set up benifit from a 2.75" midpipe from the rh to the axel back?
    ive already got a rh and a 2.25" midpipe. and would like something a little bigger if it will net me positive gains be it now or in the long run.

Someone with more extensive knowledge can chime in after me, but I think the general rule of thumb is that unless you're going FI in the future, or plan on putting down a lot of power, anything larger than what you're running now is kinda pointless.
    I know from personal experience that going with larger pipes will hurt your low end, but help the high end. I swapped my mani/cat/midpipe for the 2.25" set from an `05 RSX-s, and immediately lost some of my low end grunt while gaining just a little top end pull. Got most of the low end back in line with an Icebox, and a little more recently with an OBX twin loop.
    I'm guessing that by running even larger pipe, you'll probably lose a little more low end power.
    But, YMMV

All of this was measured super-scientifically with the trusted ButtDyno, of course.

Thread Information