Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nice write up....or u can jus pay 300 for the dealership to do it.....FUK THAT....good write up...i jus got my channels in today

When I bought my car new from the dealer, the driver's side channel was kinked, and was causing wind noise. I finally got it repaired at the dealer, but they gave me $hit about it, blaming my tint. I've had both sides repaired before, but now my warranty is up, and I have to replace my drivers side again.

Do you order these channels from the dealer, and how much do they normally cost? Thanks for the write up!

WHAT IS THE PART # FOR THAT? I NEED TO REPLACE MY DRIVER'S SIDE ONE AGAIN. I HAD IT REPLACED ONCE BEFORE WHEN THE CAR WAS UNDER WARRANTY. THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE THO

4873549 for the right side
    4873550 for the left side...

dealer cost like 50 a piece...try to get it online if u really want to...depends on your preference...u can bitch at the dealer if they fuk up..i sure did

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Sweet, glad you guys like the DIY. Try PM'ing stoop on here for your best price on the channels. He will definitely hook it up.

I had ordered these a while ago before he came back, and think I payed somewhere around 30-35 apiece.

I hate to sound like a smart ass, but I didn't have to remove the door panel to do mine. I'm a certified automotive mechanic and I have a little trick for you guys.

Simply pull your old ones out. If it gets tough, slide it back into place a little and pull again. To install the new ones, lubricate the entire moulding with silicone lubricant and slip it in. It might fight you a little going into place, that's when you spray a little more lube on it.

you probably could do it that way, but i would rather spend the extra 5 min to pull the door panel off and make sure there is no binding on the seal. I actually found with mine when i pulled it apart yesterday that the window was aligned properly, just i had some binding on the seal down in the door, so it was pushing the glass forward as it rolled up

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    you probably could do it that way, but i would rather spend the extra 5 min to pull the door panel off and make sure there is no binding on the seal. I actually found with mine when i pulled it apart yesterday that the window was aligned properly, just i had some binding on the seal down in the door, so it was pushing the glass forward as it rolled up
    Same. I've been told before that its unnecessary to remove the door panel & window, but its such an easy thing to do I don't know why you wouldn't.

Awesome write-up. Took all of 40 mins and solved my window problems. Thanks man.

just a note, since now im having to do mine again on the drivers side. When you install the glass again, according to the EP shop manual, it says you align the glass when re installing it. They say to keep the 2 bolts that hold the window in place on, but loose, and push the glass towards the rear of the door (towards the back of the car) and then tighten the bolts. Then check to make sure the window slides up smoothly. I didn't align mine properly after the install, and when I went to install my weather tech visors, they pinched the seal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    just a note, since now im having to do mine again on the drivers side. When you install the glass again, according to the EP shop manual, it says you align the glass when re installing it. They say to keep the 2 bolts that hold the window in place on, but loose, and push the glass towards the rear of the door (towards the back of the car) and then tighten the bolts. Then check to make sure the window slides up smoothly. I didn't align mine properly after the install, and when I went to install my weather tech visors, they pinched the seal again.
    Hm, interesting. I didn't know there was much adjustment in the windows, I'll have to play around with that and see if I help lose my window rattling issue. I have yet to find a good solution for that problem.

I really need to do this.... My passenger side is all messed up and sometimes makes the motor work extra hard to get the window closed.... IF IT CLOSES AT ALL!.... LOL

Great write-up... will definitely be doing this soon.

Thread Information