Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greddy Kit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catlin View Post
    The greddy kit is not bad. The stock ones with the 440 are ok I would upgrade to bigger injectors, I am using 580s. The kit is pretty reliable I use mine as a daily drive and I am running 11psi. The most important thing is a good tune and I would get k-pro. I made 294hp with kit. The only down fall with greddy kits is that the turbos are kinda small, but it all depends on what you are looking for. I wanted something small with minimal lag, so I went with greddy. A good place to get one is showstoppers or the classifieds if you are interested in a used. I am about to put mine up for sale if your interested in that.
    hehe if you do sell yours i wouldn't mind taking it from you either... its for my a3 motor. i was planning to throw my old motor back in my car but yet i wanted the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    i also have the revhard, bought used and love it everyday

the things ive read people dont like about the greddy is it doesint make as mutch hp, or how power drops off before redline

as far as were to get the revhard i just looked and could have sworn i seen one for $3200 w/kpro but cant find it thought it was showstopperusa but its definaty not or it used to be on sale, check the vendors for sale prices or just ask the vendors personally, im sure they will hook it up

if you find a revhard kit new for 3200 its not going to come with kpro

check corsportusa.com for the kit

when you get the kit, youll get a "voucher" you fill out and send that with your cars ECU out to hondata the company in california and they install a motherboard and the other crap they do and send it back. its takes about 3-4 days. then you can install the kit and run the car off of a basemap. what that is is generic settings fro teh kit and the car will run decent, but youll want to get a professional tune as soon as you can and it will run a lot better

cliff notes:

get revhard , greddy sucks

get it with kpro, so it can be tunned, the hondata reflash cannot be tunned and they stopped selling the revhard kits with it because it was not working good

it comes with everything you need to have a working boosted car

then get it tuned and it will run a lot better.

any other questions let me knw

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    lol no im sorry i meant you do need to send the ecu out no matter what to get kpro, even if someone want just a simple reflash for there stock car it has to be sent out so they can moddify the ecu

when you send it out they take the ecu apart add a usb port to the ecu so you can plug it in to a laptop, they also do several other mods to the ecu so it can be played with in anyway possible through a laptop
    So i'm spending an extra 500 just to get this turbo kit then? That's kinda stupid if you ask me. why cant they make a plug and play for each individual car based on the same piggy-back computer that uploads programs automatically into the stock ecu through hardwiring?

whats the turnaround time to get the ecu back because i can't drive the car w/o the ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by biosumthing View Post
    So i'm spending an extra 500 just to get this turbo kit then?
    kpro is built into the price you have to get it to run the kit just like greddy w/emanage

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    if you find a revhard kit new for 3200 its not going to come with kpro

check corsportusa.com for the kit

when you get the kit, youll get a "voucher" you fill out and send that with your cars ECU out to hondata the company in california and they install a motherboard and the other crap they do and send it back. its takes about 3-4 days. then you can install the kit and run the car off of a basemap. what that is is generic settings fro teh kit and the car will run decent, but youll want to get a professional tune as soon as you can and it will run a lot better

cliff notes:

get revhard , greddy sucks

get it with kpro, so it can be tunned, the hondata reflash cannot be tunned and they stopped selling the revhard kits with it because it was not working good

it comes with everything you need to have a working boosted car

then get it tuned and it will run a lot better.

any other questions let me knw

cool so im not spending 500 bucks then. thats what i was really worried about cause fukkin turbo kits are high dollars.

i'll send it out when i get the kit with this voucher i just heard about. let the car sit for a couple of days, get it back, plug it in again, drive the turbo kit (very slow driving) to the tuner for installation and tuning on the dyno and come back in 2 days to pick up my brand new turbocharged k20a3 Si?

All that sound good/correct to everyone???

cool so im not spending 500 bucks then. thats what i was really worried about cause fukkin turbo kits are high dollars.

i'll send it out when i get the kit with this voucher i just heard about. let the car sit for a couple of days, get it back, plug it in again, drive the turbo kit (very slow driving) to the tuner for installation and tuning on the dyno and come back in 2 days to pick up my brand new turbocharged k20a3 Si?

yep, the price listed is final including kpro, read up on kpro and uploading maps, you can upload a stock fuel map when you get the ecu back, cruise over to the dude and your good

i fukkin love you guys! you've just set my mind at the almost absoluteness of ease about this whole thing.

so i am going to get a top of the line turbo kit with the top of the line k-pro unit. not the reflash because they don't do that anymore? i'm going to be able to tune this car for turbocharging completely?

I'd suggest learning more about forced induction before you jump into it. You sound like you are on a budget and the money doesnt stop once u get the kit in and tuned. There's always little nuancess to turbo charged engines. Please shouldnt go boost until they kno more about it and are not skrewed if something breaks down.

i love you to biosomething

thats cool! i hear ya. when you say "upload a base fuel map" you mean i have to use a windows powered computer system. i use a mac and can't upload a map if thats the case? can i still drive the car to the tuner dude or anywhere for that matter?

kpro comes with a windows program "kamanger" where you hook up your laptop with a cable that will conenct into your usb port and the other side hooks up to your newly modified kpro ecu. thru that, you can change settings/basemaps.

but when i went to get my car tunned, jeff evans had a mac laptop and was running kamanger . i asked him how he did it and i forgot what he said, so it must be possible

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    but when i went to get my car tunned, jeff evans had a mac laptop and was running kamanger . i asked him how he did it and i forgot what he said, so it must be possible
    Yeah you can put windows on a mac, but i'm not doing that because this mac is just as important to me as the turbo kit itself as i'm a graphic designer and hate windows with an immortal passion - won't install it to my mac.

But can i still drive my car if i just plug the k-pro'd ecu back in without uploading anything to it? It won't fuk it up will it?

just try and borrow someones laptop and do it, i dont know what kpro cames back with uploaded. hey you could always be gangster and get a 100ft usb thing and use a desktop if you have one lool

Rock out! Very possible. I think i'll try it out when i get the ecu back. I'm actually gonna call Corsport and Hondata tomorrow and check on the turbo kit and pricing as well as the k-pro stuff we've discussed.

I'll post my findings tomorrow sometime during the afternoon.

Thanks for help everybody...

shop around and find the best price, if you find it for a hundred or more less somewhere else talk to corsport and they will price match most likely, or any vendor for that matter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information