Close

The Millionth Ebay Question

ive read about ppl buying these kits sooo many times but this one seems a lil nice for ebay. Maybe im wrong? lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Compl...spagenameZWDVW

urgh.

would you really buy something from a store called "speed racer performance" ? come'on
    Ed~

Kit doesn't seem to be that bad. Just remember you are getting the cheapest of the cheapest in materials. with something like this your going to be running around getting things fixed, and replacing things. Your most likely going to have very little time where the thing work 100%. Not to mention you still need kpo.

At least they have actual installed pictures on an EP3. My roommate has a 92 EG hatch with a b16 swap and a full Ebay turbo kit. He had to replace the turbo once so far (another ebay turbo that was like $250) after thousands of miles of abuse. This car just will not die. I don't see a problem running this kit, just don't expect much out of it.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjew View Post
    At least they have actual installed pictures on an EP3. My roommate has a 92 EG hatch with a b16 swap and a full Ebay turbo kit. He had to replace the turbo once so far (another ebay turbo that was like $250) after thousands of miles of abuse. This car just will not die. I don't see a problem running this kit, just don't expect much out of it.
    yea dont expect crazy numbers. I don't like how they dont offer fuel managment. But look I think it's safe to say if you wanna do an ebay kit go ahead.....just know eventually you'll have to replace the turbo and maybe some other parts. But if you're going to go cheap at least get kpro and have it towed over to a shop that knows their k-series and get an excellent safe tune. if you do that, then you'll should have a safely boosted tuned ep3. that is until you have to replace the turbo.

2008 Mercedes C350
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjew View Post
    haha same here, my buddy runs an ebay kit on his civic and it's been fine. I wouldn't tho. with products like this it seems like a hit or miss.

Cheap stuff is cheap because it's cheap. If you want to take a chance with your motor go ahead. Being boosted is high maint enough without having to worry about chinese knock-off parts breaking.

i have the godspeed turbo kit BNIB to trade for a JRSC kit anyone?

the ebay turbo kit is good itself the only thing that would need replacing if its pushed hard is the turbo

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Check out Gtimportfantic's members ride. He just did pretty much an ebay turbo setup. I know hes using ebay intercooler and piping and the Turbo is an emusha or something like that. I beleive thats the turbo that comes with those ebay kits for the ep3. He did pretty good numbers for only 7psi on an a3

Thread Information