Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mmm i dont think so if i remember correctly he has low comp pistons forged rods etc. I dont imagine Scott running a peak boost on stock bottom end internals just seems risky. . I had to change my pully back to a four inch just cause i felt uneasy about almost ten lbs of boost on a 11.5:1 ratio

damn bro the car looks great... I like it. you made good power too, once you get some bigger injectors youll def pull out some more power.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3k20 View Post
    Mmm i dont think so if i remember correctly he has low comp pistons forged rods etc. I dont imagine Scott running a peak boost on stock bottom end internals just seems risky. . I had to change my pully back to a four inch just cause i felt uneasy about almost ten lbs of boost on a 11.5:1 ratio
    Yeah. I def feel where you're coming from; thanks for looking out. I don't wanna blow my engine either, but I could buy 8 k24a1 blocks for the same cost of one built block. I know I could blow my block on 9lbs too, so I'm always sort of expecting it in the back of my mind. But...
    I'd like to see how the K24a1 does. I have a good tuner. E85 should help keep temps down. I don't drive like a moron. I should be at 9.7-9.8:1 static compression ratio. I can walk to work if I Munson it :)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    damn bro the car looks great... I like it. you made good power too, once you get some bigger injectors youll def pull out some more power.
    Thanks, dude. How's your build coming along? Weren't you running the infamous eBay turbo forever?

I was but now im n/a for the time being... I have plans coming but I wont put everything together till fall/winter time.

i dont know.. i say go for it Groovezog but any block is being puched to the limit at 18psi on stock internals.. and yes you do have the best tunner in colorado..
    and as long as your not pushing the full 18lb every time you drive... you should be ok.
    still want to check out that turbo parts you take off..

Updated with some new information and pictures ;)

Also, for the record, I boosted at 17-19PSI for about 8K miles on the stock internals. Now I'm at ~15PSI at sea level, and still going strong.

K24?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Damn u put my setup to shame! This is all on a stock motor? I'm all stock and made 350 whp . I'm nervous to go to 14. I'm about 13.5 now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information