Close

Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

*Look at the EP in the backgorund*

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    Man the first time i bought rims was easy! i just asked for 17s.. but now its all about offset, width, tire size, camber, flush.. hellaflush, staggered! what the hell happened?!! ive been looking everyday for months and cant make up my mind on what setup i want... i need help before i go crazy!!!
    a lot has to do with what you want to do with the car. DD just throw some 17's with a +45 offset, nothing crazy on the width and call it a day. people do go to the extremes of what their car can physically handle for show. almost all those people that i know do not DD those wheels or do not drive the cars a lot in a given day. they're for show. or you can go the route of shy, 27 rocks, hondafreak, guardian, etc and go for width in the wheels but put wide tires to compliment them as they seem to be more performance oriented in their wheel set-ups. start with what you want for the car, then play with fitments... it'll save a lot of wasted time calculating what fits on wheels that you eventually don't look into.. my .02

edit: hey myspace, any specs on that dc5? def feelin how it sits..
    Last edited by socmex7; 08-15-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: dc5 ?

its not my dd but i like to say it is.... i really want a track/street racing setup that stands out. It seems as though the 17x8 +35 with 235/40 would be the best way to go... but i really like the way the rev staggered set up looks. and its def not a show car.. i race the shit out of her every chance i get. and i dont really care to be slammed, the ride height i have now is perfect for me. http://www.mediafire.com/i/?qwdi4t5mxym

... still trying to figure out how to post pics. but that is the ride height im a now.
    Last edited by urthworm; 08-15-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: didnt mean to post

... still trying to figure out how to post pics. but that is the ride height im a now.
    Just put [img][/img] around the url and it will show as a picture.

And guys, can you please stop calling it "reverse stagger"...

Its simply the correct way you stagger wheels on a FWD car. The hella flush hypebeast crap is technically "reverse stagger" because it is the opposite of a functional setup.

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post

Its simply the correct way you stagger wheels on a FWD car. The hella flush hypebeast crap is technically "reverse stagger" because it is the opposite of a functional setup.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by socmex7 View Post
    a lot has to do with what you want to do with the car. DD just throw some 17's with a +45 offset, nothing crazy on the width and call it a day. people do go to the extremes of what their car can physically handle for show. almost all those people that i know do not DD those wheels or do not drive the cars a lot in a given day. they're for show. or you can go the route of shy, 27 rocks, hondafreak, guardian, etc and go for width in the wheels but put wide tires to compliment them as they seem to be more performance oriented in their wheel set-ups. start with what you want for the car, then play with fitments... it'll save a lot of wasted time calculating what fits on wheels that you eventually don't look into.. my .02

edit: hey myspace, any specs on that dc5? def feelin how it sits..
    its not my dd but i like to say it is.... i really want a track/street racing setup that stands out. It seems as though the 17x8 +35 with 235/40 would be the best way to go... but i really like the way the rev staggered set up looks. and its def not a show car.. i race the shit out of her every chance i get. and i dont really care to be slammed, the ride height i have now is perfect for me. http://www.mediafire.com/i/?qwdi4t5mxym
    Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post

1. Socmex, i have no idea. Just found the image on bing when i was looking for slammed EP3s.

2. If you want the track/street set up, then follow the footsteps of that hondafreak aka Christian dude, SHG_EasyE , and others who choose function and form...or maybe its all function cause sometimes functional does not look visually appealing but thats an opinion. Im partial to Enkei RPF1s because i ordered a set but they are affordable, lightweight, strong, available in a host of sizes, and have a classic "race" look to em...heck they are very popular for racing and street use and for all the reasons and more that i mentioned. You want your EP3 to look and perform like a circuit queen? Cop a set of RPf1s or any other race wheel, have a functional ride height, and keep the car clean ie no useless crap.

3. I was never a fan of stagger on a FWD...always thought it looked kinda awkward vs. stagger for a RWD...but now im starting to like the look. I seen a clean satin black JDM front Integra with bright silver RPF1s (stagger set up) and a circuit hero banner on the windshield...thing was clean as hell and just looked a like daily driver that could hang on the track. Maybe thats the look you can go for? If you want to be like those hellaflush cars you can go that route to, just like Socmex suggested find out the look/performance/etc you wanna achieve then go from there.
    Last edited by DRP967; 08-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    1. Socmex, i have no idea. Just found the image on bing when i was looking for slammed EP3s.
    damn.. haha. i love how dc5's can fit such wide wheel/tire fitments with only a slight roll.. damn we got shafted. both motor-wise and fender clearance-wise

eitehr way, my next set i buy i just can't decide on whether i want my rpf's like 27 rocks with 9's all the way around or if i want to stagger them like SHG. decisions decisions..

Thanks guys.. alot of good advice. Now just one more question, anyone know what a good stagger size would be for our cars? Wheel and tire sizes? and I am looking to do rpf1s.

damn.. haha. i love how dc5's can fit such wide wheel/tire fitments with only a slight roll.. damn we got shafted. both motor-wise and fender clearance-wise

eitehr way, my next set i buy i just can't decide on whether i want my rpf's like 27 rocks with 9's all the way around or if i want to stagger them like SHG. decisions decisions..
    Thanks guys.. alot of good advice. Now just one more question, anyone know what a good stagger size would be for our cars? Wheel and tire sizes? and I am looking to do rpf1s.
    1. lol shafted in that respect. But then again i see it as a blessing in these hard times that i only need to put 87 in the EP3...sames me some dough. My friends with DC5s definately have more fender clearance, but the way i see your gonna roll anyways. Oh damn your copping some RPF1s to, good sh!t. I like both their set ups, cant go wrong with either imo.

2. Another potential RPF1 owner...the familia just keeps getting bigger and bigger haha.
    I would like to know about the stagger sizes as well. As for me i went with the stock set up when i ordered my RPF1s. 17X7, +45...hellasunk yo! well kinda haha.

camber does wear on tires, but toe is what shreds them more.

With the 17x8 +35's you'll be fine after the fender rolling and not have to run that much camber. Or you could go with the 9's and not go that low. 27rocks doesnt look like he has -3 camber, but i could be wrong
    Close lol
    f: -3.2 r: -2.8

-Rob

oops.
    Last edited by verseone; 08-16-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Test fit: 16x8 195/50 stretched with +0 offset -6 camber (looks way more intense in picture) With the 0 offset, the rear was poking out about a 1/2 inch. i didn't just rub i cut/burn the tires down and yes i did roll the fenders and all. i wanna try a -3.5 to see if im still tucked inside the fender

Last edited by MajorJones; 08-16-2010 at 09:58 PM.

^ Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by cow
    all that camber makes it look like someone picked up your car, dropped it, and broke all the suspension pieces.
    i miss Jono's posts

Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread Information