Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Holy Batman!!! I think I'll be cryin' too...

To bypass the immobilizer, theives in my state just swap ecu's with a K-pro'ed unit with the immobilizer disabled.

Once that's done, it's a simple hotwire job.

That's the same way they steal the later Type-Rs as well.

so what your saying is make a nice plate around the ecu and electrify it. ha
    Last edited by oneglory; 04-05-2010 at 06:03 AM.
    Ed~

That would be a nice extra step.

I've yet to do anything with my ecu, but maybe the OP could find a better way of securing his. Maybe change the bolts, extra wireties, etc.

As long as the OEM ECU stays put, the immobilizer is very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    That would be a nice extra step.

I've yet to do anything with my ecu, but maybe the OP could find a better way of securing his. Maybe change the bolts, extra wireties, etc.

As long as the OEM ECU stays put, the immobilizer is very effective.
    you could always disconnect the ecu and take it with you and install a fuel cut switch hidden somewhere rediculous, as well as putting a locked boot on the car...

my buddy i lived with in the dorms 6 years ago used to do that with his 500+hp dc2
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    you could always disconnect the ecu and take it with you and install a fuel cut switch hidden somewhere rediculous, as well as putting a locked boot on the car...

my buddy i lived with in the dorms 6 years ago used to do that with his 500+hp dc2
    Takin ur ecu out aint gona do shit. All they do is break in and push ur car down the road and get it towed. Or they even carry their own ecu's to start it. If u really wana keep ur car safe then get it garaged its really all u can do. Everything else they can just get around. Get atleast two wheel boots. Get the ones that cover the lugs or get 4 different wheel boots so u have 1 for each wheel. Get a viper club or one of those that wraps all the way around ur steering wheel and turn ur wheel all the way to one side so they cant push ur shit without being able to turn the wheels. If u sleep with ur car outside get a really really good baby monitor and leave one in ur car and ull be able to hear anything if somethings goin on in ur car. THeif wants ur car there gona take it, all u can do is slow em down.
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 04-05-2010 at 02:40 PM.

see this is why you get a plastic bag and lay it on your front driver's seat and take a big steamy wet dump on it.
    Ed~

Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    see this is why you get a plastic bag and lay it on your front driver's seat and take a big steamy wet dump on it.
    cleaning after would be a pain...lol...

hang a sign on the window: "Hello, please be advised that an unauthorized entry into this vehicle will trigger a fecal matter spray to the mouth and eye area. If you don't believe me try it out...shit face."
    Ed~

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Takin ur ecu out aint gona do shit. All they do is break in and push ur car down the road and get it towed. Or they even carry their own ecu's to start it. If u really wana keep ur car safe then get it garaged its really all u can do. Everything else they can just get around. Get atleast two wheel boots. Get the ones that cover the lugs or get 4 different wheel boots so u have 1 for each wheel. Get a viper club or one of those that wraps all the way around ur steering wheel and turn ur wheel all the way to one side so they cant push ur shit without being able to turn the wheels. If u sleep with ur car outside get a really really good baby monitor and leave one in ur car and ull be able to hear anything if somethings goin on in ur car. THeif wants ur car there gona take it, all u can do is slow em down.

I would rather sell my car before I do all of that.

A VERY solid alarm install will work just fine.
    Last edited by mattism78; 09-30-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Yeah the alarm will work just fine but will it stop a thief from jacking your ride? Im 99% sure it wont since nearly all nice cars stolen have a variety of alarms..other measures must be done to really protect your car good.. just wait till your car gets stolen and come back and tell us how your alarm system worked out..

Click the link in my signature and you will see what I mean...

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post

I would rather sell my car before I do all of that.

A VERY solid alarm install will work just fine.
    lmao at alarms. Puttin a wheel boot on takes about 2 mins and will deter a theif more than an alarm. Dude here just got his car stolen, had alarm, clutch lock, and kill switches. If u dont want to take the neccessary precautions to protect ur ride then dont own a honda. When it gets snagged ur gona wish u took the 5 mins a day to lock it up right. From ur avatar obviously ur car is in a garage but for the people who keep it outside need to lock it up correct. Dont beleive me? Go on b20 and read about the hondas that are stolen every single day. Not 1 day goes by on that site where someones car doesnt get snagged.
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 04-06-2010 at 07:45 PM.

I'm going to kick it up a notch for you....

Yes, I do keep my cars in my garage. I do that for a reason....I'm keeping my shit. See, it's about priorities in life. Let me help break it down for you.

I find it extremely foolish for people who live in an apartment, basement, parent's house, whatever who spend thousands of dollars modifying their car....only to park it outside (usually without an alarm). Seriously, that is a very foolish move.

Let's just say someone saves up for a legit K20a swap from Hmotors ($5500), put it in themselves, accesories to put it in ($500), baller wheels and tires ($2500), DC5 seats ($1200), suspension ($1000), misc. carbon fiber shit and JDM garbage ($750).

That's about $11k roughly.

11K will buy you an apartment with garage (OMG security!) for a few months (a year where I live).

Once you get a garage, THEN you modifiy your car.

On another forum I participate in, we typically bash a 22 y.o. kid who lives in his friend's basement, but yet still owns a 350z with te-37s.

It's all about priorites.

BTW, click the link in my sig to see I don't do "standard" alarms.

GPS trackers are a good tool - and relatively inexpensive (ie. not 1000's of $$) if youre really paranoid.

Though youd have to be quick if the car was taken by pros as opposed to someone looking for a joyride (not very likely given the factory immobilizer)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information