Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: type R badge

type R badge

Hello boys, i was wondering if anybody could help me with a problem. it doesn't have to do with my ep but this is my forum i'm on so it cant hurt to ask. I want to get a type r badge for the rear on my friends 02 civic em2 this christmas. of course just my luck they don't make them for that year! I heard for the rear the ep3 badge works the best. but i've also heard the rsx badge. can anybody help me out?

lol so many people will flame this thread.

But anyway to answer your question, the ep3 type r badge should be fine. Correct me if i'm wrong but the dc5-r badge is slightly bigger than the ep3-r's. The newer CTR's (FD2 & FN2) use the newer 'Type-R' badges. Lemme get you some pictures to elaborate:

I'll go first... coughRICEcough... ;)

Get your friend a gift certificate to Show Stoppers instead. :)

Steve
    I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

lots on ebay.

RSX did not get a type R badge...lol

I can't stand it when I see cars that where not a type R , roll on type R badges. Lowers street value

of all cars to put a type r badge on your gonna put it on an em2? those cars are the slowest civics ever. My friend dynoed his with full bolt ons and made 100.1 hp

They didn't even make an EM type-r?? that is just complete rice..and type-r emblems are expensive... just buy them something functional or .. how about a s2000 start button? I think those sell for the same as type-r badges..

I mean..I look at this like this.. you will be putting a type-r badge on a S2000.. or a type-r badge on a Honda Odyssey.. it just doesnt work!!

no em2 type arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's were ever made

but from rereading your post it seems like you are talking about the red H that goes on the trunk, in that case yes the ep3 rear badge does work

Oh, the "H"? LOL

I still stand by my "get a Show Stoppers" GC instead and your friend can get them from Chuck.

Steve

2016 DGM STi

ok hold up. who said anything about trying to impersonate a type r??? It's OBVIOUSLY not a type r! I mean would you guys dislike a type r badge on an ep3? For example, I am not a huge fan of my 2005 ep tails. i like the older ones and they will go better with my future wheels. Does that mean i'm trying to make people think i have an older ep? no. it's for looks and the flow of things. it'd be diff. if i made a lookalike type r to make people think thats what it is. but its not. so stop your complaining.

and i would like to say thank you to everybody else's help!

The fact that it's OBVIOUSLY not a Type R is what makes the Type R badge that much more lame (I'm talking about the physical badge that says TypeR). The red "H" looks nice, regardless of it's roots, and few are thinking "wannabe Type R" when they see it.

Oh, and no one was complaining, relax. :)

Steve

2016 DGM STi

ephatch member
    No one is complaining, just voicing out their opinion.

Most of the comments (on which I agree) was that no type-r em was ever built anyway, it just doesn't make sense. Again, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sik24a2 View Post
    RSX did not get a type R badge...lol

I can't stand it when I see cars that where not a type R , roll on type R badges. Lowers street value
    Putting a 'Type-R' badge on a DC5-S would be equivalent to us USDM EP3 folks slapping on a 'Type-R' badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleycoaster View Post
    ok hold up. who said anything about trying to impersonate a type r??? It's OBVIOUSLY not a type r! I mean would you guys dislike a type r badge on an ep3? For example, I am not a huge fan of my 2005 ep tails. i like the older ones and they will go better with my future wheels. Does that mean i'm trying to make people think i have an older ep? no. it's for looks and the flow of things. it'd be diff. if i made a lookalike type r to make people think thats what it is. but its not. so stop your complaining.
    Atleast the EP3 chassis saw a 'Type-R' version in Asia and Europe. The EM2 chassis never saw/was one...

To be honest I would only slap on a 'Type-R' badge if my EP3 had a RHD front clip + K20A w/ a Type-R tranny + all the CTR interior/exterior goodies.

i'm talking about the "H". not the "type R".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information