Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade stockies for rotas?

Found a dude that wants to trade his 15" bronze rotas for my stock si rims. I'm tempted but can't pull the trigger. Looked at them and they're flawless. Also found a guy who has some retro OZ rally rims 5 spoke. He just wants something different and offered a straight up trade.

Rotas are knockoffs. Do you want knockoffs? I'd like to see the OZs though.

i would rather have stockies then some small cheep knockoff rotas.. thats just me tho. save up and buy some real wheels or stay oem.

real wheels aren't worth it to me on our cars. If you got it like that, thats cool but if you're just a regular joe with an ep.. theres no reason to dump off over $1500 in wheels and tires on a car that's only worth 3x that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    real wheels aren't worth it to me on our cars. If you got it like that, thats cool but if you're just a regular joe with an ep.. Theres no reason to dump off over $1500 in wheels and tires on a car that's only worth 3x that amount.
    QFT

OP, if you feel like making the trade and rollin' on something different, go for it! Ignore them haters, do what you want with your ride. It ain't like they're gonna drop the $1200 on the wheels for you LOL!
    Frankly, you'd find it hard to get enough cash out of your stockies to put any new set of rims on, so if you like what the guy's offering, it's probably the best deal you're gonna find.
    If you like `em, do it!
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 04-14-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Yup.. Rotas are knockoff's, who cares if they are.. because if you think about it .. why would anyone get the real thing thats triple and cost and looks just the same.. if their equal the weight and size.. I sometimes break my neck when i see rotas thinking that those look legit..

id do depending on what they look like, if i could do it again i would have gotten rotas and great tires, instead of enkeis and shitty tires lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrypTOniTE View Post
    Yup.. Rotas are knockoff's, who cares if they are.. because if you think about it .. why would anyone get the real thing thats triple and cost and looks just the same.. if their equal the weight and size.. I sometimes break my neck when i see rotas thinking that those look legit..
    the only real arguments that i have for real>knockoffs is that USUALLY knock offs don't come in the width that people want. it's hard as hell to find anything higher than 7.5inches in a knockoff.. that and they usually are lighter. 15 inch rotas aren't gonna weight less than 15 inch enkeis.. so i'll just say, knockoffs are cool to get from A to B, or just for the way they look. but if you want them to perform like putting a wide tire on it then "real" is prolly the only way you'll be able to achieve that..

how come people hate rotas so much? so what if they're knock-offs? the only read downside (to me) is that they're heavy as fuck.

OG Lurker
    16 rotas imo. Most of them are way lighter than the stock rims also.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars_ep3 View Post
    how come people hate rotas so much? so what if they're knock-offs? the only read downside (to me) is that they're heavy as fuck.
    and the width they are available in.. if anyone hase found a 17x8 or 17x9 rota, please post a link..

I've had C-10 Rota's for 7 years and 90,xxx miles. Finish is good, no cracks, no dents.

$115 per. wheel in 2003

Today my EP is worth 6k, glad I didn't spend 3,000 on Civic wheels....WTF

***IF you have Porsche/Corvette $$$$$ please buy one, they're great.

i have rotas on my ride and even tho they aren't the "real deal", they look friggin great...

yeah i'd like to get sum "mad tyte jdm rims", but the ones that my "fake" rims look like are $2000 and mine were $600 shipped...

not all of us can afford baller status rims... ;)

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by socmex7 View Post
    and the width they are available in.. if anyone hase found a 17x8 or 17x9 rota, please post a link..
    rota has been making those sizes already, a lot in 17x8, and already a few in 17x9.

this is becoming one of those rota /knockoffs threads....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jedimario View Post
    Rotas are knockoffs. Do you want knockoffs? I'd like to see the OZs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by civicSIracer View Post
    i would rather have stockies then some small cheep knockoff rotas.. thats just me tho. save up and buy some real wheels or stay oem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    real wheels aren't worth it to me on our cars. If you got it like that, thats cool but if you're just a regular joe with an ep.. theres no reason to dump off over $1500 in wheels and tires on a car that's only worth 3x that amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    QFT

OP, if you feel like making the trade and rollin' on something different, go for it! Ignore them haters, do what you want with your ride. It ain't like they're gonna drop the $1200 on the wheels for you LOL!
    Frankly, you'd find it hard to get enough cash out of your stockies to put any new set of rims on, so if you like what the guy's offering, it's probably the best deal you're gonna find.
    If you like `em, do it!
    1. In for pics of the OZ wheels.

2. I agree, just keep your oem wheels and save up for authentic wheels. OEM/authentic wheels are quality.

3. Whether you drive a Civic or a M3, you buy real wheels for the quality. Ive seen expensive wheels on cheap cars ie. Civics and cheap wheels on expensive cars ie. Rotas on Beamers...to each his own.

4. No hating here, just providing input for the original poster.

*I just dont want the op to regret his decision. OP, if your happy with replica wheels then rock em, all that matters is your happy. Were just here to provide our opinions and input.

*BTW ive had more than 5 sets of Rotas, quality seems fair enough for the price but then again i never tracked them. I honestly felt like i was faking the funk everytime i looked at em and wished i had the real deal versions. I sold my last set of Rotas a while back and now roll on Rsx wheels...if i ever got a new set of wheels it will be real ones this time...no more fakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information