Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ephatch member

Why JDM Sucks, aka another one bites the dust, Ocelaris RIP

Pictures do most of the talking. But our insurance totaled the car because they couldn't replace just one wheel/suspension because they're JDM ITR Brembos, so they would have to replace all 4 wheels/suspensions, axles etc... so because I have JDM, the car is totaled, even though it only has 70k and one wheel is messed up... The car is going to be salvaged in maryland, if anybody wants to nab the headlights, CTR mirrors, custom built in sub box etc... CTR wing, there's a ton of stuff worth having on that car. I'll never "mod" again like that, because it ended up screwing us badly...

We had that exact tire replaced by sears in the Bronx, 4 hours earlier, drove down 95 south, going around 65mph, tire blew out, we did a 360 backwards into an embankment north of Baltimore. Nobody seriously hurt, wife and friend had whiplash, but luckily didn't hit anyone but the grass...

Looking at a couple cars, maybe a used 328i, mazda speed, Audi A3, GTI, or maybe just buy my buddy's EP3... but I think it's better to make a clean break, it's heart wrenching to see your baby destroyed and forgotten...

more pics here:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../dead%20honda/

cant u buy it back and fix it urself?

Sounds like a pristine opportunity to purchase the car back from the insurance title and take the time to fix it up as a small project. At least part it out to get your moneys worth.

Plus it sounds to me like a law suit against the Sears tire shop. If you had the tire replaced 4 hours previous to it blowing out, sounds like it wasn't properly installed.

don't let them total it. fix it yourself or part it out! and you should go to sears or the tire company and threaten to sue, or just explain the situation and they might just offer you something.

Dam, sad so see an ep go like that :(
    If I understand correctly... you are now selling a few things? Id like to get the lights. Lemme know.

Can you get any of the parts off it?

ephatch member
    take the money and tell the to step back from the car...

sorry to hear about your car man, it sucks when your tire blows out.. mine blew out today on the freeway and messed up my fender and ripped my side skirt off..

that sucks looks like a lawsuit on sears

pm me price for the headlights ;)

damn. all the big dogs are going down. this is the man that paved the way for most of out EP3R lighting mods. the HID king in down.

i hope everything works out for you. if you really dont buy it back, you should try to get ins let you take the parts off of the car before they take it away. i had to 'pay' $50 to hold my car an extra 3 days but at least i got to get about 90% of all my mods off the car.

good luck man.

edit: BTW, i'm not too far from brooklyn, i have some stock parts you could 'borrow' to sway out for those JDM goodies.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Dude just buy it back from the insurance company and part it out on here.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    damn. all the big dogs are going down. this is the man that paved the way for most of out EP3R lighting mods. the HID king in down.
    i was just thinking that. its a shame that all your lighting writeups here got lost...it was an awesome resource, and it would be very useful for me right now

glad to hear no one came out seriously hurt though..good luck salvaging what you can from it

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    i was just thinking that. its a shame that all your lighting writeups here got lost...it was an awesome resource, and it would be very useful for me right now

glad to hear no one came out seriously hurt though..good luck salvaging what you can from it
    agreed

i hope everything works out for you. i don't know much on how totaled cars work but a lot of people are able to get their parts off their cars when it is totaled. Judging by your license plates though i take it your in NY and it would be a PITA to drive to MD to get your stuff.... good luck

p.s. if you ever have the opportunity to post up another DIY on your mirrors I'd greatly appreciate it!

Your insurance co is screwing you over big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ephatch member
    Thanks for the support all...

Well, the insurance company offered me 1600$ for the salvage, but the problem is that it's in Maryland, north of Baltimore, and a 3 hour tow to NY would be like 1000+ ? So it makes it useless for me, but somebody else in Baltimore could part it out for a good price, so I'm looking for a home now for it if anyone wants the mirrors, headlights, custom sub box, 70k motor, JDM ITR Axles + 3 parts... I mean, it would be hard to lose money parting this thing out for like the probably 1800$ to get it to your house in maryland/delaware etc...

If anybody is interested, they can email me ocelaris@gmail.com but it's kind of a quick thing, they want me to make a decision by saturday whether they will give me the 1600$ or I can keep it... If it was driveable, it might be different, but the back wheel well is messed up.

I haven't looked at the mirrors in forever, if somebody actually HAS the mirrors and needs to know how to install them I can help you all out, I didn't realize my threads/pics were gone. I probably have that info somewhere... not a post, but pics probably and memory.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information