Close

Coolant Reservoir?

sooo my coolant reservoir has a hole in it. before the site went out of commission, i know a few others have had this problem, and i think there was even a thread as to how to replace it with a new one.

so i have 2 questions:
    1. have any of you guys had to go through this before, and where'd you get the reservoir?
    2. can anyone find the thread(s) that explain how to go about replacing it? lol

thanks in advanced guys!

I have not had to replace mine. It shouldn 't be that hard, Put your head in there and find out how it is attached. It's a pretty simple set-up.

i believe it just pushes up out of its holding bracket. i had mine out when i replaced my transmission, so the subframe was down and it was still kinda a pain to get totally out of the car. depending how bad of a hole was in it, I'd just epoxy it and call it good. no need to wast money on something like that.

iv been throught this many times. Mine fell off and the belt burnt a hole in it.. its a pain in the ass to change it. You need to take out the pass. side light housing and the front bumper. and try to snake it throught everything. Prepare to get a few cuts on ur hands and knuckles .

I had to take the reservoir out when I replaced my alternator a few months ago. I think you can get by with only taking the serpentine belt off. I seem to remember I didn't need to take the bumper or headlight out for that (although I did need to remove them before I could get the alternator out of there, so I could be confusing my steps). I'm fairly certain if you just remove the serpentine belt, that should free up enough space to wiggle the reservoir out. But I will agree that it didn't come easily. Just spend some time twisting it around until it seems like it's close to coming out then "convince" it with some muscle. Do be careful to not put too much stress on the rubber nipple thing at the bottom, I almost ripped it off before I realized it was down there. Good luck!

oh man i had to do mine years ago that shit is a bitch to replace. either snake it throu the top of if your feeling brave the honda manual claims you need to drop the subframe to replace it

patch that muthafocker and be on your way

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    patch that muthafocker and be on your way
    i tried that with jb weld and it leaked with in 2 weeks

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    I can't really remember, but I think I had the front bumper off, disconnected the brackets for the radiator + condenser and just "leaned" them forward enough to pull the reservoir out pretty easily.

hm. alright. thanks for all the input guys. i'll prob just end up taking off the bumper and headlight, and w/e else thats in the way. such a small problem, yet such a huge job -_____-

Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    i tried that with jb weld and it leaked with in 2 weeks
    I used Mighty Putty on the radiator and some random plug that was dumping out coolant on my old CRX and it worked like a fuggin charm. Ive found that JB Weld works great when applied to metal applications

Thread Information