Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smoked Tail lights

I have a white ep3 and thinkin about smoking my tail lights....good or bad idea? whats the best and cheap way to do this? thanks

there are tinting sprays out there, usually it doesnt turn out nice unless you polish it...

ive also seen people use this

http://www.lamin-x.com/Honda-Civic-S...ers-p/h206.htm

which personally is the way i would do it
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat91 View Post
    I have a white ep3 and thinkin about smoking my tail lights....good or bad idea? whats the best and cheap way to do this? thanks

I like smoked tails, but only on dark colored cars.
    I think smoked tails on light colored cars doesnt look that great.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    there are tinting sprays out there, usually it doesnt turn out nice unless you polish it...

ive also seen people use this

http://www.lamin-x.com/Honda-Civic-S...ers-p/h206.htm

which personally is the way i would do it
    NOOOOOOO!!!

Biggest mistake ever. Ruined my relationship with Corsport. They dicked me around and sent me three different WrOnG lamin-X kits until I finally demanded my money back including shipping. Still took more than a week to get them to refund my money. The last time right before I demanded a full refund they told me "oh, just paint the sides"..... FUCK THAT! Suck my grundle...

Lamin x is cool, Im thinking about picking up the tint version of it for my headlights..would get it a slightly more jdm look since the type-r ones are gun metal.. the bright chrome headlights on the 02-03 si's just doesnt look that good to me.

Edit::: that really sucks Chromium maybe I wont buy anything from them after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    I like smoked tails, but only on dark colored cars.
    I think smoked tails on light colored cars doesnt look that great.
    it can look good...if someone did black out housing headlights on the white car it could balance well, especially if they have black wheels...either you go with similiar colors on a car or you go with tasteful contrast...or alteast when it comes to white or black cars...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium4500 View Post
    NOOOOOOO!!!

Biggest mistake ever. Ruined my relationship with Corsport. They dicked me around and sent me three different WrOnG lamin-X kits until I finally demanded my money back including shipping. Still took more than a week to get them to refund my money. The last time right before I demanded a full refund they told me "oh, just paint the sides"..... FUCK THAT! Suck my grundle...
    fuck me, thats what those are!? i thought the laminx pieces were full cover vinyl!? well shit...in that case buy tinting vinyl and custom cut it...

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Lamin x is cool, Im thinking about picking up the tint version of it for my headlights..would get it a slightly more jdm look since the type-r ones are gun metal.. the bright chrome headlights on the 02-03 si's just doesnt look that good to me.
    ya i totally agree dude, thats why i bought the type r 02/03 headlights (got them bnib $300)...and the difference between the chrome "scatter reflections everywhere" headlights and the gunmetal is staggering in its subtlety...one of my favorite purchases...i just hope i can retire the car to a garage sometime soon before they start yellowing...id hate to chase yellowed headlights with 3m kits on type r headlights
    my ep is white...

This is the last photo that Corsport sent to me when they told me to "just paint the sides".... I almost crapped my pants and threw it at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium4500 View Post

This is the last photo that Corsport sent to me when they told me to "just paint the sides".... I almost crapped my pants and threw it at them.
    wow...thats lame for both corsport for not being helpful and laminx for producing such a lame product
    my ep is white...

Tell me about it. I really lost all respect for Corsport after that. I haven't gone out of my way to bash them but I will most likely not be buying anything else from them unless they really have an unbeatable price. The customer service I received truly blew ass.

I was thinking smoked tails, halo head lights with black housing, black rims eventually....i am a poor college student haha

laminx is a nice product. I got some for the Wife's legacy. I really liked them. Install was a breeze.
    As for the EP3 ones... kinda sucks they don't have a full piece. -1 for having awkward lenses with sharp angles.

Wink

I was thinking smoked tails, halo head lights with black housing, black rims eventually....i am a poor college student haha

halo headlights? ughhhh http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/smilies/hand.gif

HOLY SHIT DUDE!! i just realized you were here at UC!!! are you the guy rolling in the blue ep that parks in the jefferson garage? the other day when walking home i saw a modded blue ep roll into jefferson, and at first i thought it was my friend brie but then i realized she has a different exhaust on her ep and got confused because i hadnt seen the car before...

if you ever need help with anything on your car hit me up
    my ep is white...

I don't have the whole tail light tinted, but I just did the reverse lights. Still glow completely white when on. On a dark car, or a car with dark parts (wheels, headlights, etc.) I think it looks quite good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information