Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DIY: Volvo Lip (1990-1994 VOLVO 740 N 940)

DIY Volvo Lip (1990-1994 VOLVO 740 N 940)

I did this a while ago but it got lost in the crash... I didn't think this would get as popular as it did, but here it is for people that haven't done it yet

Tools Needed:

Screw gun
    Screw Driver
    Utility Knife
    Sharpie
    Heat Gun
    3/4" Self Tapping Screws
    Jack and Jack stands
    Volvo Lip

Step 1: By using the two original holes in the lip center on the bumper and mark with arrows.

Step 2:

Cut off all the tabs and cut some slits so the lip will fit flush and bend easier.

Step 3:

Use the two original holes in the lip and line it up with your marks. At this point you want to put a screw in each hole.

Step 4:

Now that the lip is centered slowly work your way down each side and screw off the lip (I did one side first then the other). Make sure the lip is even along the bumper before you screw it off. Also using a heat gun helps make the lip more flexible and easier to move around. You can use as many screws as you feel necessary.

Step 5:

At this point the lip should all be screwed off and on the bumper. By using a sharpie, draw a line to your liking as a guide to cut along. Again using the heat gun here will make the cut go much more smoothly and easier.

Step 6:

You are all done and this was a piece of cake. It took me about 45 min all by myself so if you have a friend help it can go a lot faster.

Last edited by 27rocks; 05-27-2011 at 10:57 PM.

-Rob

Thread Information