Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alright folks, were back to square one. Turns out the guy helping me do the comp test it did it incorrectly (which is weird cause hes a mechanic running a boosted b18 lol)

anyways the compression is good (about 185- 190)

BUT WHERE THE HECK IS MY POWER LOSS????

note: (im currently back to my stock tune w/ 440cc injectors)

and i raced that R18 again, win through 1st 2nd 3rd but 4th he started to gain again... like wth?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I dont get it... Ur first post u said u have a good a/f ratio... Then later on u say ur running lean? How can u have a good a/f and run lean? Is the vtec working?

maybe it leans out in the 9-10k rpm range--> driver mod.? just sayin. with that cel being on and reading that code i dont think id be racing anyone.

Sorry for all the confusing updates, you guys are just as confused as me. And i am still learning about a lot stuff..

Yesterday i went for a drive with a friend who actually knows stuff about fuel maps and etc. Turns out the reason my car is gutless, is because its running ridiculously rich. it runs fine normally, but as soon as it hits vtec, the second fuel map goes nuts and dumps fuel, (about 12.1 a/f) so you'd think you'd just take away fuel in the vtec stage right? But we couldnt get it to run right. We'd take away fuel bit by bit, but it just didnt improve really..

Does anybody know why kpro wouldn't adjust the fuel management properly?

(He knew what he was doing, I dont so much, about tuning so my info on what he was trying is limited)

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I dont get it... Ur first post u said u have a good a/f ratio... Then later on u say ur running lean? How can u have a good a/f and run lean? Is the vtec working?
    Vtec kicks in yes, but I dont know why the ECU is throwing a "Lean" code.. according the the k manager graphs its running very rich... weird

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleep3 View Post
    Vtec kicks in yes, but I dont know why the ECU is throwing a "Lean" code.. according the the k manager graphs its running very rich... weird
    could be a bad o2 sensor. Once ur WOT the ecu takes over ur a/f. Thats why ur rich at full throttle. But ur part throttle might be whats causing ur lean code. See what ur a/f is at part throttle and see if its lean then. Do u have a wideband gauge? Find out exactly what the code reads. If its something along the lines of " Car STUCK in lean" . Then u need a new o2 sensor
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-07-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information