Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!!car died

I put up a few videos of what was happening to my ep... Or is... Havent figured the problem out yet.... Check you sensors.... Might be your fuel pump... I think thats whats wrong with mines. As for timing???... I just don't know how the ep can just go off timing all of a sudden???

Good luck man... Let everyone else here know whats up when or if you do figure it out. Hope your engine is ok though :-)

oh!... AND WHEN MY RPMS WONT GO DOWN FROM 2K, CHECK ENGINE COMES ON AND P0122 COMES OUT... THATS FOR THE TPS
    Last edited by SUSHI_NE1; 08-30-2010 at 02:23 PM.

and also had a friend check timing chain already but nothing is wrong with it he says. but idk? it starts up fine and all that ever since i cleaned the fuel lines and injectors. the only problem now is the revving and high idle. my friend says it might be something internal but not sure about it. and i also switched out the 02 sensor on the mid pipe already too but still @ high idle?

Quote Originally Posted by topnotchep3 View Post
    and also had a friend check timing chain already but nothing is wrong with it he says. But idk? It starts up fine and all that ever since i cleaned the fuel lines and injectors. The only problem now is the revving and high idle. My friend says it might be something internal but not sure about it. And i also switched out the 02 sensor on the mid pipe already too but still @ high idle?
    my idle is like that every morning... Im a go and buy me a voltometer.... Check the volatage on the tps, map and iacv... Also on the wires because i have already changed the tps and iacv. Don't want to spend on a new map if it's not that.

changing tps

oh yeah we switched the tps right after it died with my brother's extra a3 motor in the garage too. it started after we switched it but it was back firing like hell and a couple flames came out the exhaust so we turned the motor off again but couldnt start it anymore after that!!!

i"ll probably try swapping my ecu with the extra one to see if it makes a difference at all

Here's before I did anything to fix my problem...

Here is today!

LOOK FAMILIAR!

Have you tried Cleaning the IACV?

Not being a dick, just wanted you to see the link.
    Last edited by Twisted-X; 08-31-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post
    Have you tried Cleaning the IACV?

Not being a dick, just wanted you to see the link.
    ACTUALLY!... This doesn't always work and its pretty much inevitable that it will go bad again. Like I have said before... I have not just cleaned... I have REPLACED the IACV and still no good... I have gone so far as to change the TPS to.

I spoke to a homie Honda technician and he said a few CR-V's have have come in with the same issue and had to replace the whole TB.... If a TB goes bad... IT'S JUST BAD!... I'm at the point where I am going to buy me a new TB and sell my used/new IACV as well as the TPS that comes with it. Was gonna go with the Skunk2 but I don't want any smogging problems.

thanks everyone. but i found the problem. it was the map sensor. swapped it with a spare one laying around the house. its idling fine for now. everything seems to be working fine now. thanks for all the advice

good info in the thread, subscribed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information