Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ROTFL

Trust me, as soon as it's warm enough in the garage for my balls to come out of hiding, that baby is gettin' put in...
    This just gets worse and worse

Will get pics when that happens, probably a temp solution with some MDF I've got layin' around, until I can get to my buddy's place. He's got all sorts of spare alum and steel layin around, we're gonna fab up something nice!

Warm, in the garage... DUDE you are in TEXAS! Put on some pants.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Nope.
    I do all mechanical work pantsless...it's good luck!
    Srsly though, born and raised in S. Fl, then moved to central TX about 12 years ago...my skinny ass ain't built for cold!
    Manned up anyway and got to work a little while ago. First snag; where is the battery tray connected? Popped out the two 12mm bolts on the top side, can't find the one that must he holding on down underneath! Wanted to clean up the tray, and get access to the engine ground that's connected to the shift cable bracket.
    As everything sits, I can't get a wrench to the underside of that bracket to unbolt the ground with the tray in the way.

EDIT:
    LOL nevermind, typical mechanic's syndrome; spend 20 minutes looking for a bolt, walk away, realize it's right in front of you as soon as you return.
    Also, just realized the ground connects just behind the shift cable bracket. DERP! :D
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 01-11-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Did you get the tray out? I went to take mine out to aid in installing an intake in few years ago and couldn't get it to break loose. I removed all the bolts holding it in, but it acted like the rubber coating was holding it in or something.

Nope, wound up not having to remove it. I thought I needed it out for a couple of reasons, but was wrong, so didn't see the point.

Well, got a decent temp set-up thrown together today.

Only got a couple shots, cuz it was effin' cold! And I was tryin' to get this done before night fall LOL!
    Quick side-by-side comparison:

And the final product:

Going to have to make some adjustments to the harness, it's twisted a little uncomfortably atm, but not a huge deal.
    Basically just trimmed some MDF scrap to size, two pieces each side to fit into the plastic "trim" that was around the old battery. It's basically just bracing against side-to-side movement, with the extra piece of MDF under the tie-down acting to keep everything in place via downward pressure.

I'll update as soon as I can get to my buddies place and get something nice fabbed up!

That's it next to the 51R? Wow, it's sooo... small.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Thread Information