Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    dude thats great congrats on getting your baby back

You are one lucky Mother Heffer.

Glad to hear you got her back! but like someone said, get it checked. you never know why they didn't take anything..

HOLY SHIT!!! AWESOME!!!

Congrats man! So rare that a theft turns out "well", happy for you man! Merry Christmas LOL!

ephatch member
    Glad you found it in relatively good shape.

In my community, I really want to get a bunch of people together and work with the police department to do the bait car business. I don't see why more of that type of stuff doesn't go on. Thefts are a huge problem and affect our lives so much, but yet the police (at least around here) don't really care.

The best Christmas present!

Wurd.
    I'm very glad for you! Congrats, dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Maybe they just probably took your car for a joy ride and thought it was a type R until they found out it wasn't?

Either way, it is good that it didn't get stripped.

Similar thing happen to my stock 1994 2 Door GSR. It was stolen and all they took was the stock airbox, both front seats, the stock fat 5 rims and the ecu. Some how they didn't take the motor... The big damange was to all the electrical stuff though.

how do they steal it..dont our cars have the computer chip in the keys..

if you have an extra ECU with a matching key you can drive the car after bypassing the immobilizer..... dont want to get into details but have seen it done after swap

Not Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jgn6848 View Post
    if you have an extra ECU with a matching key you can drive the car after bypassing the immobilizer..... dont want to get into details but have seen it done after swap
    This is a weird case...here's what we know so far. So far we are thinking it was towed.

I went to the Honda dealer today and the tech was able to use a screw driver to turn the engine over; but it wouldn't actually start. The engine kept turning but never actually fired up.

The immobilizer was ripped out and sitting in the back seat in pieces. The key cylinder was completely missing so I'm not sure what they did to it. When I popped the hood it looked like the thief pulled off the upper intake hose...not sure what they were trying to do there. Maybe looking for part of my security setup? Who knows...?

The ECU was still plugged in and bolted in place.

The tech told me he's worked at the dealership for 9 years and has never seen a car with an immobilizer stolen and drive, so he said what probably happened was the thief tried to start the car, couldn't get it started and got a friend with a tow truck. It makes sense; but it just seems like an involved and time consuming job considering nothing was taken off the car. Especially since the car was missing for almost a week.

A joy ride would make more sense but it still doesn't explain why the car can't start right up with the screw driver when the tech tried it.

Nice to here you recovered your car not to banged up. Only thing I can think of is a patient thief maybe, he/they were waiting for someone to need the parts.

Wow, I'm so glad to see that you were able to get your car back and with everything intact for the most part.

Real glad to see this. I saw the first page and felt heartbroken to hear someone's car was stolen, then clicked to page 5 and the first thing I saw was "dude thats great congrats on getting your baby back."

I'd imagine the police couldn't tell you who took it, or else they might have some good old Texas justice coming for them...I've heard stories of people being hunted all the way to Georgia from Dallas and then being nothing short of mutilated.

your car is a JDM galore parts bin.. Im pretty sure they were just waiting on buyers for the parts.. but after they googled the exact car you have Im sure they realized it was gonna be very difficult for them to sell the parts and not get caught considering how rare the car is and how "close" ep3 drivers who actually modify their cars are.

with other Civics its easy to sell the parts and not get caught..everybody on every block has the same civic with most of the same parts give or take and to top it off..the parts are almost all interchangable.. not so with the EP ! other than the interior bits..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information